Chapter 59. Dancing With The Enemy

This song above is Perfectly Wrong by Shawn Mendes

This song above is Perfectly Wrong by Shawn Mendes. I just feel like this song goes perfectly with the chapter, and tbh, I listened to it on repeat while writing this chapter. Feel free to listen to it while you read this chapter.

I know you guys hate me at this point, but that's okay haha.

[59]

Sydney

I knew Tyler was going to be here.

But did I know my heart would drop so hard as soon as my eyes met his?

No.

His eyes watch me from the far end of the room, the spot he's situated in overcast with a dark shadow over him, making his green eyes almost glow from the other end of the room as he watches me.

I don't what it is, whether it be guilt or something else, but I feel something deep inside of me as I feel Tyler's gaze harden on Stefan and me as we slowly swayed to the classical music.

"Hey, are you okay?" Stefa whispers softly into my ear, making me tear away my gaze from Tyler.

"Yes, I'm perfectly fine," I lie, "Why?"

"Nothing, you've just tensed up so quickly and like, you're grip on me tightened," he points out and only then do I notice the death grip I had on the material on his shoulders.

"Are you uncomfortable?" he asks after my lack of response and I feel his arms loosen from around my waist.

"No," I shake my head quickly, "I just feel a little dizzy. I think I'm going to go outside for a breath of fresh air."

My hands are shaking by the time I'm outside.

I drop down on one of the cement benches near the water fountains and I close my eyes, lifting my head up into the air and inhale in a sharp breath.

What the hell is wrong with me?

"Sydney?"

My eyes snap open, taking in Tyler's appearance as he walks out the doors towards me.