Chapter 39. Use a Bed Next Time

Song above: 'I Know What you Did Last Summer' by Shawn Mendes and Camilla Cabelo

[39]

Sydney

"Summer?!" I whisper frantically, bending down to look under the table.

Nothing.

Just legs.

I've run all over this bloody wedding venue, searching high and low looking for Summer. I grab a glass of red wine from a waiter walking by, gulping it down to quench my undying thirst.

How the fuck do you lose a five-year-old girl wearing a bright pink dress?! You had one job, Sydney, one job!

After ten minutes of running all over, I stop in front of the elevator and bend over, catching my breath. I'm glad Tyler isn't here to see me, because this is just sad.

"Sydney?" Tyler's voice startles me, making me jump, the red wine spilling all over Tyler's white shirt.

Shit.

"Uh, Tyler! Hi!" I fake a smile along with my fake enthusiasm.

"Sydney, what's wrong? Look what you did," he groans, looking down at his shirt that slowly started turning crimson. 

"Nothing, you know, I just took a walk," I lie, pulling a strand of hair behind my ear nervously.

"Where's Summer?"

My smile falls, "Yeah, about that..."

"Oh my god, Sydney! Are you serious?!"

"Oh don't get angry and blame it on me, you're the one who left me to go flirt with blonde girls," I snap back.

His lips curve into a one-sided smirk.

"You're jealous."

"That's not what we should be focusing on about right now, I need to find Summer!"

"Sydney darling," I jump at the sound of Mrs Ritcher's voice.

Great.

"Where's Summer?"

Tyler opens his mouth, but I beat him to it, "Summer's in the bathroom, you don't have to worry, she's just fine," I say quickly, spreading a large smile on my lips.

She stares at me briefly, before masking a smile of her own, "That's great. Thank you so much for doing this. I can never trust her alone with Tyler sometimes you know, it's good to have you here."

"Yeah..." I laugh nervously.

"Okay, I'll catch up with you two lovebirds later," she grins, rushing off.

"Now what?" I snap to Tyler, turning to him.

"Don't take this out on me, I'm not the one who lost her."

The FavourOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara