Chapter 65. The Morning After

[65]

[65]

Sydney

Woah, I haven't slept that deep in ages.

I stir as I rise to consciousness, sighing as my legs run against the silky material. I feel a hand weigh down on me, and I grin as I feel a nuzzle against my neck.

My eyes snap open.

What. The. Fuck.

The room is a little bit dark resulting from the closed curtains, but that's not what grabs my attention.

This room.

Our room.

No, Tyler's room.

What hell am I doing here?

I frown, sitting up slowly, the confusion in me making my head spin.

I look down beside me and I freeze.

Tyler.

My eyebrows furrow.

He looks so peaceful.

What the hell happened last night?

Tyler is laying on his back, his hand palm up, and his pink lips are parted slightly. My hands reach out on their own accord, but once I realise what I'm doing, my hand retracts back quickly, and I slowly peel his arm away from me, before slipping out of his bed.

Ohmygod my freaking head.

Groaning softly, I grip my head in pain as I look around for my shoes. Once I find them, I slip them on and slowly pick up my phone from the bedside table.

12:35 pm.

Fuck! My flight back to New York is in less two hours. I look over my shoulder at Tyler, noticing he grabbed my pillow and buried his face in it. I slowly tiptoe towards him and watch him for a few seconds before leaning down and placing a kiss on his forehead.

Dear god, what am I doing?

I quickly walk towards the door, before looking at him one last time and rushing out of his bedroom. My steps falter once I'm in the hallway of the penthouse, a sense of deja vu rushing over me.

My feet act on their own, walking towards his study where he had my personal library of bookshelves with all my favourite books.

Scared of what I might do, I exit the study quickly and rush towards the main door.

I have a flight to catch.

I halt once I reach the door.

Am I really going to just leave without telling him anything?

Clearly something happened last night, but with the pounding headache I have, I can't even remember a blur of the previous nights' endeavours. Adam proposed to Samantha, yes, then we went to celebrate her saying yes at the Italian club. Jason found me and persuaded me to start drinking Fire Ball with him. I keep getting flashes of Tyler and me on the dance floor, but the rest is a blur.