Chapter 9. Lips

[9]

[9]

Sydney

"Thanks for driving me. You really didn't have to," I mutter awkwardly as he pulls up to my driveway. 

"No problem."

I open the door but not before glancing back at him, "And I'm really sorry for kissing you like that. I shouldn't have."

"Oh don't worry about that, Anderson," he shrugs, a teasing smirk creeping on his lips. "I enjoyed it anyway. 

I shake my head. This boy will make me eye-roll into another dimension.

"Oh, and I haven't even thanked you for that night. I can't even begin to think about what might've happened if you didn't save me."

His teasing smirk falters, and his eyebrows furrow into a more serious expression.

"No problem, princess. I was there at the right time and did what I should've done. I should be the one apologizing because you were in my house. I've dealt with the asshole, you don't have to worry about him. " 

"You didn't kill him, did you?"

At this, he grins, "Do I look like a murderer?"

"Do I look like I've known long enough to answer that?"

He tilts his head to the side as if assessing me. 

"Don't worry, just forget about him."

I narrow my eyes at him but I don't question him any further. 

"What are you going to do about Armstrong then?"

"Well, I guess I'm going to have to figure something out."

"But do you, you know, still have feelings for him?"

"That's not your problem, Ritcher," I give him a small smile and unbuckle my seatbelt. 

Little did I know that this would be the start of something that would change my life completely. 

~ ~ ~

Why do parties even exist? Like, only bad things happen to me. Because, clearly, I'm not as blessed as other party goers are. Bad things always happen to me when I'm at parties.

And yet Samantha has once again convinced me to tag along with her to someone's random party.

I sigh, looking around for Samantha.

Great, now she left me alone in the middle of hormonal teenagers. I slide myself up on the kitchen counter, pulling out my phone and scrolling through my Instagram. If I have to sit here the whole night until Samantha comes to find me, then so be it.

In a boring attempt to keep me busy, I stare around at the people entering and exiting the kitchen.

And then I see it.