Chapter 115

We're all gathered in a room with some hologram displays, sitting around a table. Tony, Steve and Bruce are pacing at the front, clearly leading the planning of the mission.

Steve starts off "Okay, so the "how" works. Now we gotta figure out the when and the where. Almost all of us has had an encounter with at least one of the six infinity stones"

Tony "Well I'd substitute the word encounter for damn well near been killed by one of the six infinity stones."

Scott very clueless "I haven't, I don't even know what the hell you're all talking about"

Bruce breaks in "Regardless, we only have enough Pym Particles for one round trip each, and these stones have been in a lot of different places throughout history."

Tony reminds us all "Our history. So, not a lot of convenient spots to just drop in."

I speak up "Which means we have to pick our targets."

Tony points at me "Correct."

Steve smiles at me. "Let's start with the Aether. Thor, what do you know?"

We all look to Thor sitting on a chair with his sunglasses on. It is impossible to tell whether he is awake or asleep.

Nat asks "Is he asleep?"

James "No, I'm pretty sure he's dead."

I walk up to him and as I'm about to take his beer Thor wakes up.

He stands. "I got this. Where to start? Umm... The Aether, first, is not a stone, someone called it a stone before. It's more of a... and angry sludge thing, so... someones gonna need to amend that. Here's an interesting story though, many years ago...My grandfather had to hide the stones from the Dark Elves..." He wiggles his fingers to imitate a spooky ghost. "Wooooh, scary beings. So Jane," An image of Jane Foster pops up on the screen. "Oh, there she is. That's Jane... She's... an old flame of mine... She... she stuck her hand inside a rock this one time... and then the Aether stuck itself inside her... And, she became very, very sick. So I had to take her to Asgard, which is where I'm from. And we had to try and fix her. We were dating at the time, you see. I got to introduce her to my Mother... who's dead," Thor starts to look broken, and seems on the verge of tears. "and oh you know, Jane and I aren't even dating anymore, these things happen though you know, nothing last forever," I start to push him back to his chair. "I'm not done yet, the only thing permanent in life is impermanence."

"The Aether, also know as the Reality Stone, is only seen by me and Thor. Short story. Yes. It is possible to possess your soul. Only because the dark elves put a spell on it. Jane was one who had it inside her to which we brought her to Asgard to get it taken out by the All father Odin. We placed it in Xander's hands to which Thanos destroyed and took it.

Tony smiles "Awesome. Eggs? Breakfast?"

Thor answers "I'd like a Bloody Mary, thank you."

.....

Yet again we're sitting around a table, eating a meal, and Rocket is pacing on the table in front of everyone.

Rocket speaks out " Quill said he stole the power stone from Morag."

Scott confuses and intrigued " Is that a person?"

Rocket annoyed by his innocence "Morag's a planet. Quill was a person."

Scott excited "A planet? Like in outer space?"

Rocket walks up to him and puts Scott "Oh, look. It's like a little puppy, all happy and everything." Imitating talking to a puppy. "Do you wanna go to space? You wanna go to space, puppy? I'll get you to space."

........

After we ate we all met up again. Everyone facing Nebula in the planning room, and Nat writing notes for their plan.

She starts off "Thanos found the Soul Stone on Vormir."

Nat asks In a business-like tone "What is Vormir?"

Nebula answers "A dominion of death, at the very center of Celestial existence. It's where... Thanos murdered my sister."

Nat looks up, and an awkward silence falls upon the room. She writes what Nebula has just said, and Scott makes to break the awkward moment.

Scott under his breath "Noted."

Everyone turns in for the night.

I walk into Steve's room. "Knock knock..."

He sits up from the bed. "Hello beautiful."

I smile and I walk to him. " I truly did
Miss you."

"I missed you too. You can sit you know. What do the kids say? ... I won't bite." Steve smiles

"Okay grandpa." We laugh.

"I understand you had to go and make your amends... I don't hold it against you." He starts off. "The world just got bigger for us. And a lot of people need to understand what happened."

I smile at him "I'm lucky to have you." I lean my head on his. "I missed you though. The aroma you give. The voice you speak. The very warmth you radiate. You're my home. And I was homesick."

"I'm here..." he pulls me in close.

I hug him tightly.