Chapter 56

Steve stands next to Tony "The rules have changed."

Tony Looks ahead "We're dealing with something new."

Steve folds his muscular arms "Well, the Vision's artificial intelligence."

Tony Sternly "A machine."

Steve Confused "So it doesn't count."

Tony Smirks And looks at Thor "No. It's not like a person lifting the hammer."

Steve Smiles at Thor and me walking to them. "Right. Different rules for us."

Tony Moves his arm up and down showing Steve's body "Nice guy, but artificial."

Steve Rolls his eyes "Thank you."

I chuckle. "I quite like his body." I touch my chest and kiss him slowly.

Thor looks to Tony. "If he can wield the hammer, he can keep the Mind Stone. It's safe with the Vision and these days, safe is in short supply."

I nod agreeing.

Steve looks to Thor "But if you put the hammer in an elevator..."

Tony Points like ah ha "It would still go up."

Steve Shakes his head "Elevator's not worthy."

Thor laughs "we're going to miss these little talks of ours."

Steve looks at me. I look down.

Tony Looks at us. "Well, not if you guys don't leave."

Thor looks at me "I have no choice. The Mind Stone is the fourth of the Infinity Stones to show up in the last few years. That's not a coincidence. Someone has been playing an intricate game and has made pawns of us. But once all these pieces are in position..."

Tony Says "Triple Yahtzee?"

Steve looks at Tony. "You think you can find out what's coming?"

Thor proudly "I do. Besides this one, there's nothing that can't be explained." He turns to me. "Stay here for a bit. People will come after the stone. Once you know it's time... call for Asgard. I'll welcome you back home."

I smile and hug him close. "Farewell Brother May the stars guide you to the answers."

Thor returns to Asgard which burns a circle in the grass he was standing on.

Tony Looks Down "That man has no regard for lawn maintenance. I'm gonna miss him though. And you're gonna miss me. There's gonna be a lot of manful tears."

"Our grounds were made of gold. They do not burn" I smile and hold Steve's hand. as we walk over towards Stark's car.

Steve Shakes Tony's hand. "I will miss you, Tony."

Tony Takes off his glasses "Yeah? Well, it's time for me to tap out. Maybe I should take a page out of Barton's book and build Pepper a farm, hope nobody blows it up."

Steve Looks at me "The simple life."

Tony Sits in his car "You'll get there one day."

Steve Then looks to the sky "I don't know, family, stability. The guy who wanted all that went in the ice seventy-five years ago. I think someone else came out."

Stark turns to get into his car

Tony looks at him one last time "You alright?"

Steve kisses me "I'm home."

I smile and kiss him passionately.