Chapter 66

We're In a huge abandoned warehouse Bucky comes to with his metallic left arm clamped in a huge industrial vice.

I sit next to two buckets of water watching Sam pace back and forth.

Steve peers through a gap at a chopper flying overhead.

Sam Breaks the silence "Hey, Cap!"

Steve goes over to join Sam by Bucky who sits with his arm in the vice. We all stare at him.

Bucky Speaks in a groggy voice "Steve."

Steve sternly asks "Which Bucky am I talking to?"

Bucky Looks at Steve "Your mom's name was Sarah. You used to wear newspapers in your shoes."

Steve Smiles "Can't read that in a museum."

Sam raises his arms like hello?? "Just like that, we're suppose to be cool?"

I giggle and I stand up. "Newspaper? Really??"

Steve Smiles at me.

Bucky Rubs his eyes "What did I do?"

Steve Looks to him and sighs "Enough."

Bucky lowers his head " Oh, God, I knew this would happen. Everything HYDRA put inside me is still there. All he had to do was say the goddamn words."

I sit on the floor in front of Bucky "Who was he? What happened in the room?"

Bucky Looks sadly at me "I don't know."

Steve Not liking his answer "People are dead. The bombing, the setup. The doctor did all that just to get 10 minutes with you. I need you to do better than "I don't know."

Bucky "He wanted to know about Siberia. Where I was kept. He wanted to know exactly where."

Steve "Why would he need to know that?"

Bucky Sighs "Because I'm not the only Winter Soldier."

"Impossible...the world would've caught on." I stand and fold my arms.

Steve Curious "Who were they?"

Bucky Looks into nothingness as he recalls back "Their most elite death squad. More kills than anyone in HYDRA history. And that was before the serum."

Sam "They all turn out like you?"

Bucky Shakes his head "Worse."

Steve "The doctor, could he control them?"

Bucky tilts his head "Enough."

Steve Continues "Said he wanted to see an empire fall."

Bucky "With these guys he could do it. They speak 30 languages, can hide in plain sight, infiltrate, assassinate, destabilize, They can take a whole country down in one night. You'd never see them coming."

Sam steps up to Steve. "This would have been a lot easier a week ago."

Steve looks at me "If we call Tony..."

Sam "No, he won't believe us."

I hold Steve's hand "Even if he did... Who knows if the Accords would let him help."

Steve Thinks "We're on our own."

Sam Smirks "Maybe not. I know a guy."