Chapter 97

After several fearsome exchanges, Hela punctures Thor's shoulder and then darts past him with startling speed.

I brace myself and she flings five black daggers at me. One nicking my thigh bringing me down on one leg. I slide ice under my foot to move my body quicker to dodge the last one from hitting my face.

While the Asgardians still scramble to get on board above we see the Commodore ship, swooping down below the bridge.

Thor and I continue fighting Hela while Valkyrie blocks Hela's attempts to spear the Asgardians from afar.

Hela isn't landing any fatal blows, but she's carving Thor up and getting good marks on me."She's making steady progress towards the Ark." I put up a thick ice wall and push it against her as the last of Asgard gets on board.

An injured Heimdall, Korg, and Miek are the last to get on. Thor and Heimdall make eye contact.

Thor calls out "GO! GO NOW!"

As the Ark's engines begin to power up, Hela stabs through my wall right into my arm. My wall drops from my weakened arm. She then kicks me into Val sending us flying back. She harpoons Thor. He goes down, grimacing in pain.

Hela begins to conjure an enormous manifold of her powers, a giant black spike from bedrock of Asgard that stabs the Ark, preventing it from leaving.

Butchers begin to scramble up onto the Ark!

The refugees react in terror as the Butchers begin climbing in from the bridge to the Ark.

"Avinna!" Thor calls out. I nod and sit breathing slowly.

Val and Thor start attacking Hela again. Thor looks to Val "We gotta cover her." Val nods and starts attacking Helas leg while Thor goes high.

I start Taking in the water around the palace. Trying to find Loki's location. I rush down to the trophy room.

I see Loki rushing in and picks up Surtur's skull. Then one of Hela daggers strike my wounded arm making me lose focus. "Loki is in position!" I stand up and with my good arm form ice daggers and throw them at Hela.

We hear bullets fly and I turn to see Skurge leaping off the Ark, and landing on the bridge right where all the Butchers are coming to life.
Blasting away the Butchers and the dagger before they can get aboard.

The Ark begins to lift off.

Skurge keeps firing and then shouts "HELA!"

Hela turns to see Skurge blasting his way through he Butchers, trying to make his way to her.

Disappointed, Hela fires a blade through Skurge's heart.

Skurge has been killed... but the Ark now ascends unfettered.

Hela has Val in her clutches, but her focus is on the aftermath of Skurge's last stand and the Ark's subsequent escape. She's furious, about to unleash hell.

As me and Thor still trying to fight her he yells "HELA! Enough!"

Hela turns to see Thor, having yanked out the harpoon. Thor lays a sword on the floor as if giving up. "You want Asgard? It's yours."

Hela looks to Thor and tightens her grips on Val "Whatever game you're playing, it won't work. You can't defeat me."

"No, but he can." Thor points behind Hela.