Chapter 6

I trailed behind Loki.

"Loki please slow down please I'm in a dress for Odin sake!" I trip on my dress.

Loki stops and helps me up. "Apologies Avinna."

I nodded and we walked to Thor's gathering room.

Loki walking in ahead of me. While I gather myself and thoughts.

I sit on the ground next to Loki to see Thor in Anger
and frustration. Finally Thor upends one of the
massive tables.

Sif, Fandral,Hogun And Volstagg Walk in.

I hear sif speak first "Redecorating, are we?"

Volstagg looks devastated at the overturned tables and food. "What's this !?"

Hogun finally speaks "I told you they'd cancel it."

Fandral chimes in "We thought that was just you being your normal cheery self."

"Enough Fandral!" I warn.

Volstagg looks at the floor. "All this food.... innocent, cast to the ground. It breaks the heart!"

I see Thor striding away from them to the far end of the hall and Loki calmly moves towards him.

"Loki.." I whisper and gets up and follow suit.

Thor sighs "It's unwise to be in my company right now, brother. And you brought Avinna of all people. I do not wish her to see me at a low."

Loki looks to me. Then back at Thor. "Who said I was wise?"

I roll my eyes.

Thor raises his hands and waves them around "This was to be my day of triumph."

I reassure him "It will come. In time. Patients my dear brother."

Loki speaks again "If it's any consolation, I think you're right. About the Frost Giants, about Laufey, everything. If a few of them could penetrate the defenses of Asgard once, who's to say they won't try again. Next time with an army?"

I look to Loki trying to read his mind.

"Yes, exactly!" Thor yells snapping me out of my thoughts.

"But there's nothing we can do without defying Father." I state.

Thor looks at me then looks at his hammer, a gleam in his eye.

"No! I know that look!" Loki shakes his head.

"It's the only way to ensure the safety of our borders." Thor smiles thinking of a plan.

"It's madness!" Loki says.

"What is?" I look between the two.

Volstagg looks at me "Madness? What sort of madness?"

Loki quickly shuts it down "Nothing! Thor was making a jest!"

"The safety of our Realm is no jest. We're going to Jotunheim." Thor walls up to Loki.

I look at Loki. "I agree. I joined being a warrior to protect asgard. If they came through then no doubt they will try again. And I swore to protect."

Fandral looked at us "What?!"

Sif walked up to Thor " Thor, of all the laws of Asgard, this is one you must not break."

Loki looks on clearly intrigued by the proceedings.

Fandral looks to Thor "This isn't like a journey to Earth, where you summon a little lightning and thunder and the mortals worship you as a god. This is Jotunheim."