Chapter 79

Topaz transfers 142 the units.

Without sympathy or ceremony, 142 exits.

I look down and Thor looks at me "Y-y-you can't... Do you understand what Thanos is?" Thor ask the grandmaster. Thor claws at the obedience disk, trying to Rip it out. He gets some separation from his skin, but the disk is causing him even more pain. Thor eventually has to let go. "Please you must release her. She cannot go to Thanos."

"Thanos will destroy billions of people if he takes me. He will kill me. If I die you will have no threat to Thanos! You will give people no hope for life or at least a fighting chance!" I yell trying to plead my case.

"Thanos is offering up money no one has ever matched. . . Just for you. Why would I give that up?" The grandmaster looks at me not fazed.

"Because it's me for the death millions of people...." I look at Thor like the little girl that was scared when her planet was destroyed. "You'll rip families apart, kill innocent children, you may even die." I look at the grandmaster.

"How about.... I think about it." He Then holds up his own fob device and it guides Thors Chair away from me while my platform moves away from them.

"Thor?" I call after him nervously. "Thor?! What are you doing?! Where are you taking me!?" I yell as I float away from them.

"Avinna!" I hear Thor yell just as I enter a glass room.

"Thor!" I yell as the glass wall closes around me. The platform I was on slides into the floor like a puzzle piece. "Thor!" Tears now streaming down my face.

I continue to yell for Thor banging on the glass, till my voice is raspy.  I can't see out of the glass but I know they see me.

I lay on the floor staring at the glass ceiling.

A man creature of some sorts comes in with a tray. "Food... water.." he puts the tray down.

"How long ?" I ask getting on my knees.

"Eat. Drink." He repeats.

I move my hand up and the water starts reacting but then I get a strong shot of electricity coursing through my veins "ahhhhhhhughhh!" I fall on the floor.

Just before I pass out I hear "your powers are suppressed. Use the powers and you get shocked."

I wake to Loki moving hair out of my face. I shed tears. "Why..."

Loki stops and sits next to me. His back on the glass. "My dear dear loving Avinna. . ." He starts.

"Oh shut up. You ran. You always run. You have hurt humans of earth because Thanos gave you an army. You brought Thor's sister to Asgard and now they are being slaughtered because you made father parish. Now I'm sold off to Thanos and billions upon billions will die. What lie have you decided to sell me this time ?.." I wipe my tears away.

Loki looks Down. "I didn't want to hurt anyone.. or well many people. I just wanted what was rightly mine. You're not the only one who's lost much" He looks at me. "My life has been a lie. Yours was not. You know your role. Mine was changed by a man who is in many ways is like Thanos. A man who takes peoples children to raise as his own. To grow up the way they see fit!"

I take a breather. I think for a moment before I speak. I sigh " I'm sorry.. I know you've lost much .. but we can't let others feel the same pain as we do. We don't have to be the bad guys this time...." I hold his hand. " don't be a pawn."

He pulls be close and hugs me. "I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry. I've put you through hell and back all because I'm selfish." 

I pull back to see Loki's face is sincere. "I love you loki. Always have always will. You have a special place in my heart." I kiss him passionately and my body starts to shake. I pull back. "Did you... what was that feeling?"