Chapter 87

Poof! Bruce gets nailed in the face with green paint. Caught off guard, Thor Bruce and I are swept off into a massive street festival where revelers dance and cheer while throwing powdered paint at each other... in celebration  of Hulk! Green everywhere!!!

Inside the parade it is total chaos. Thor searches for Bruce as he's pelted with green powder. I look around trying to find Thor while a man throws green powder on my chest. I elbow his gut then punch his face. Pandemonium!

In the crowd Thor sees a pack of scrappers on the hunt for the reward.

Thor spots Avinna punching a man in between Bruce and her. He surges forward, grabs Banner, and pulls him into another alley.

I see Thor grab Bruce. Then turn to see Val following.

Valkyrie is approaching from down the alley.

I walk quickly after her. Trying not to draw attention to myself. My heart pounding "This is bad." Bruce.... Thor... I then get grabbed by a scrapper. I sweep his feet and knee his throat and knock him out.

I stand back up to see Thor and Bruce separated. I watch as Thor uses his strength to make his way through the madness, knocking rowdy fans aside. He reaches Banner and holds him protectively, awkwardly trying to rub his shoulders.

I laugh a little.

One of the aliens Thor knocked aside turns out to be a massive scrapper. He rears up, turning on Thor and Banner.

Just as I was about to yell Thor's name. WHAM! From out of nowhere, Valkyrie clocks this Scrapper with a brass knuckle right cross. The Scrapper drops.

Thor looks at Val while clutching Banner like a child. 

I walk up to them.

She says "Hi."

Thor says "I was gonna do that. "

Val "Yeah, well, I did it first. "

I raise my hand "thanks for caring for me."

He says "yeah yeah That's good. What are you doing here? " he asks her.

She asks back "What are you doing here? I thought you were leaving. "

Thor answers " I got sidetracked. "

She points to our disguises "What's with the..."

"It's our disguise." He points to his face.

She looks at him stupidly "But I can see your face. And she's to much of a goddess to hide. Her beauty shines through no matter what covers it." She smiles with admiration.

Thank you I whisper with a shy smile.

Thor quickly covers his face "Not when I do this, you can't." then looks at her "Your hair looks nice. I like what you did with it. Change it? Washed  it maybe?"

Valkyrie just rolls her eyes, takes Thor by the arm.

Bruce and I follow and he asks me "What are those things on her eyes?  Are those the people that she's killed? She's so beautiful and strong..."

"She is a beautiful person.. she's just in conflict with her inner self.." I speak so he can only hear.

Valkyrie escorts Thor Bruce and I through the street. "Who is this guy?"

Thor smiles "He's a friend."

Bruce "Who? Me? I'm Bruce."

As Val leads them into Sakaarian apartment building she looks at him curiously "I feel like I know you."

Bruce looks at her with the same face "I feel like I know you too."

We Continue down the hallway. Val ahead of us speaking "Look, I've spent years in a haze trying to forget my past. Sakaaar seemed like the best place to drink and forget and to die one day.

Thor opens his big mouth  "I was thinking that you drink too much, and that probably was going to kill you."

"Oh your one to talk." I start. Mimicking Thor I raise my right hand like I have a glass in it. "TONIGHT WE FEAST FOR THE MIGHTY THOR HAS SLANE YET ANOTHER MONSTER. DRINK Drink drink drink drink drink."

"Alright Avinna that's enough." Thor puts my hand down. "And I don't toast that way."

"And I don't plan to stop drinking." Val smirks. "but I don't want to forget. I can't turn away anymore. So, if I'm donna to die, well... it may as well be driving my sword through the heart of that murderous hag."

"Good." -Thor

We arrive at a door but Before we Enter she stops and turns to us " Yeah. So I'm saying that I wanna be on the team. Has it got a name?"

Thor looks at us and then "uh Yeah, it's called the Revengers."                           

She repeats it back "Revengers?"

Me and Bruce look at each other. Thor continues "Because I'm getting revenge. You're getting revenge." to Bruce "Do you want revenge?"

He answers "im undecided."

"Okay." Thor claps his hands together "shall we continue?"

Val smiles "also, I've got a peace offering." Valkyrie opens the front door, revealing Loki! He is as restrained as anyone could be, sitting in the middle of the apartment with a dozen chains around him. "It's mainly for Avinna."

He smiles lowly "surprise."

Thor tosses a bottle. It bounces off of Loki's head.

Loki yells "OW!"

Thor smiles "Just had to be sure."

He sees Bruce "Hello, Bruce." Then me "Avinna..."

Bruce tip toes around Loki "So, last time I saw you, you were trying to kill everybody. Where are you at these days?"

Loki answers "it varies from moment to moment."

Val's apartment is a shithole. Bottles everywhere, blood spattered clothes in the corner, a knife in the wall, etc.

Banner gives Thor a look like "she might be crazy."  

Thor responds with a "No, she's cool" gesture.

I kneel in front of Loki. "You're a bastard you know that?"

"Yes I know. For that I am truely sorry Avinna" Loki looks at me.

"I forgive you every time. And try to see the good and the change in you. But you always do something to prove to the world you're just selfish."

He looks at me and looks down "I'm not worthy of your love..."

"But I can't help but to love you.. either it's your charm or your devil smile. You have a piece of my heart and for that I'll always care for you but... this time I will kill you if you try anything. . . But Val says you must help us." I stand.

Loki nods in agreement.

Val lays something on the bed. Unwraps it to reveal an old Asgardian sword. Thor's eyes go wide as she sharpens it.

Thor "Is that... a Dragonfang?"

She continues to sharpen it "It is."

Thors excitement shining through "My God. This is the famed sword of the Valkyrie."

Val stands "Sakaar and Asgard are about as far apart as any two known systems. Our best bet is a wormhole just outside the city limits.
A nice clean wormhole outside the city. Refuel on Xandar and be back in Asgard in around 18 months."

Thor folds his arms "Nope. We're going through that one." Thor points at the nightmare tornado wormhole over the ocean.

She questions "The Devil's Anus?"