Chapter 8

Everyone breathe a sigh of relief and follow, when a Frost Giant nearby mutters under his breath.

"Run back home, little princess."

Thor stops in his tracks. Loki goes white. He knows what's coming. "Damn."

In one quick move, Thor pulls Mjolnir, swings it, and knocks the Jotun clear across the plaza.

I watch as everyone reluctantly draw their weapons, gather into a circle around Thor.

I look around at the angry Jotuns approaching as I take my sword out.

Volstagg yells "Silly hammer! Has a mind of its own!"

Ice forms on the Jotuns' bodies, creating a frozen armor around them, extending off the ends of their arms like swords.

One Giant does so directly in front of Fandral. "I'm hoping that's just decorative." He readies himself.

Thor leaves the circle and swings at another Frost Giant.

We form another circle around him, separating him from the Jotuns, as he whirls his hammer around once and catches it with a cocky grin.

"You're enjoying this way to much brother." I raise my right hand and left with a sword.

Thor yells "Next!"

Fandral calls to Volstagg and Hogun. "Well? What move, do you think?"

Volstagg looks around "I say we use 'The Norn's Revenge.'"

Fandral looks at Volstagg "At this close range? I think "The Alfheim Lunge" is a better move."

Volstagg looks discussed "maybe if they were three feet tall! No! How about "The Randy Valkyrie"?"

Hogun clearly annoyed yells "shut up!"

Thor takes out yet another Frost Giant, then all hell breaks loose as the Asgardians and Jotuns begin to battle.

A Jotun backs Hogun up against a wall of ice. As the Giant hurls an ice blade fist at him. The grim warrior swings his mace over his head, embedding it into the ice wall, and hoists himself up, dodging the Giant's blow and leaping over him.

I use my power to hoist him up with a little support.

Hogun takes out a second approaching Frost Giant, spins back, dodges a swing from the first, then pounds the Jotun with his mace.

He nods at me. And I smile back.

Nearby, Sif expertly stabs one Jotun after another with her double-bladed staff. One knocks her viciously to the ground. "If you don't treat me like a lady, I won't act like a lady!" She takes out the Jotun.

Loki backs away from an approaching Jotun, finds himself at the edge of a deep crevasse. The Giant sees he's vulnerable, swipes at him. But the Jotun's arm passes right through him.

I laugh at the sight but almost get hit. A giant aims for me again but I use my sword and stab his arm and pull him down with my powers. I then jump up top and run my sword all the way through him.

I watch as Loki turns back to the battle. Two Jotuns come at him from either side. He lets two daggers fly, felling both Giants at once.

Laufey nods to one of his guards, it's a massive Jotun BRUTE.

The Brute leaps down from the balcony, icing himself up, then punches his giant fist into the ice beneath his feet.

It's a long-range attack, causing pillars of ice to explode out in front of Hogun, sending the grim warrior flying back.