Chapter 83

The next morning I wake missing Steve. It's been to long.  I quietly get up and start meditating on top of the jacuzzi. I start thinking of how the day won't go as planned because of Thor thick head and Hulk being a child. I need to make sure I can help keep us on the right course.

Thor wakes up and stretches. "Hulk. Sister. Morning. "

I open my eyes and see Thor and hulk look at each other. "Someone's happy."

"Of course. It's escape day." Thor jumps up. "Ready hulk?" Hulk nods "Alright guys. You know the plan." Hulk gets up and grabs his large ball.

BA-BOOM! BA-BOOM! BA-BOOM! Hulk is throwing his ball against the far wall. It's so hard it makes dents in the wall. Hulk stops and turns. And we see two guards and Valkyrie.

They leave... Valkyrie and Hulk face off.

HULK "Angry girl!"

She bounds forward and gives The Incredible Hulk a big hug.

Hulk laughs and then begins playfully roughhousing with Her. I then walk next to Thor. "She's beautiful... she's got spunk. Like Sif."

She speaks first "What's going on? What do you...?"

Hulk steps away, allowing Valkyrie to see Thor and I. Her smile disappears. She stares at Hulk, so annoyed.

Hulk mopes a little Like, "I done bad." Turns back to Thor.

She starts going off on Thor "You're so thick-headed that you can't tell when someone's hiding all the way across the universe and wants to be left alone?"

Thor just ignores her "We need to talk."

She folds her arms "No, you want to talk to me."

Valkyrie turns to leave.

I use the water to pick up the upper jawbone  of Hulk's massive skull bed and put it into the doorway. "Please...stay."

Valkyrie is at the exit turns an annoyed sneer at us.

Hulk "Stay! Please?"

Valkyrie looks him up and down.

Hulk begins bouncing his ball against the wall again.

Valkyrie walks over to Hulk's bar, picks up an unopened bottle of liquor.

Hulk snorts, disapprovingly.

Val puts it down and finds something cheaper, she pops the cork. "All right. Here's the deal. I'll listen to you till this is empty." She tips back the bottle and starts chugging.

"No." I stay disappointed.

Thor Speaks "Asgard is in danger and people are dying. We need to get back there. I need your help...wow."

She finished  "Finished. Bye."

"She has indeed finished." She goes to leave. I ready water again.

Thor shouts out "Odin is dead."

Valkyrie stops short

the bouncing noise continues.

Her silence speaks volumes. Thor has a realization. "Hela, the Goddess of Death has
invaded Asgard."

She speaks "If Hela's back then Asgard is already lost."

I start to reason "that's why we are going to stop her."

She looks at us stupidly "Alone?"

Thor smiles widely "Nope. I'm putting together a team. It's my sister me, you, and the big guy."