Chapter 114

After Scott's mess up Clint volunteered himself.

Clint walks back in, in a suit just like Scott's. "Game on! Let's go." He claps as he hypes himself up.

Bruce touches his shoulder "Clint, now you're gonna feel a little discombobulated from the chronoshift. Don't worry about it."

Clint taking position on the platform nods.

James stops the process "Wai-Wait a second, let me ask you something. If we can do this, you know, go back in time, why don't we just find baby Thanos, you know, and... " he makes a hand gesture suggesting that they strangle baby Thanos with a rope.

Bruce along with most of us are Disgusted. "First of all, that's horrible..." he responds.

James argues "It's Thanos."

Bruce continues "...And secondly, time doesn't work that way. Changing the past doesn't change the future."

Scott jumps in "Look, we go back, we get the stones before Thanos gets them... Thanos doesn't have the stones. Problem solved."

Clint agrees by pointing to Scott "Bingo."

I smile at how cute they are "That's not how it works fellas."

Clint puts his hands on his hips "Well, that's what I heard."

Bruce confuses "What? By who? Who told you that?"

Janes starts counting off with his fingers "Star Trek, Terminator, TimeCop, Time After Time.."

Scott jumps in "Quantum Leap"

James "A Wrinkle in Time, Somewhere in Time"

Scott again "Hot Tub Time Machine"

James really liking that answer "Hot Tub Time Machine. Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. Basically, any movie that deals with time travel."

Scott thinks hard "Die Hard? No, it's not one..."

James cuts him off "This is known."

Bruce a little frustrated "I don't know why everyone believes that, but that isn't true. Think about it: If you travel to the past, that past becomes your future. And your former present becomes the past. Which can't now be changed by your new future..."

I agree "Exactly."

Scott a little hurt "So... Back To The Future's a bunch of bullshit?"

Bruce Turns to Clint. "Alright, Clint. We're going in 3... 2... 1!"

We watch him shrink away.

Then Bruce counts back "3....2....1.."

Clint is back. "Lila!!"

I stand him up "hey hey you're ok."

"It worked. . . It worked!" He lets out a small laugh.

I look to Scott "tell tony." I look back at Clint. "Let's get your family back."