Chapter 9

Odin looks grim, determined. And we all hear him say "So be it."

Without warning, Laufey swings his ice blade at Odin, but Odin is quicker.

The Allfather brings his spear down upon the ice. Laufey and the nearest Jotuns go falling backwards in a wave, the ice cracking beneath their feet. Releasing Avinna.

The other Frost Giants turn tail and run. Thor watches the fleeing Jotuns with delight. "Now! We'll finish them together!"

Odin clearly upset "Silence!" Loki bring Avinna to Odin In an apologetic way. Odin raises his spear. The hole in the sky opens, the Bifrost energy blasting forth from it. The Bifrost envelops the Asgardians, yanks them off the ground and up through the
hole.

The vortex closes behind them as all falls silent.

Heimdall stands at the Observatory controls. Odin pulls Heimdall's sword from the control panel and throws it to him.

Heimdall backs away.

"Why did you bring us back?" Thor questions.

Odin looks to Thor "Do you realize what you've done? What you've started?"

Thor responds "I was protecting my home."

Odin points to Avinna and Fandral "You cannot protect your sister or your friends. How can you hope to protect a kingdom?"

I stand on my feet after Loki and I finish heeling light wounds and start to breath normal.

Odin turns to the others. "Get him to the healing room!"

Sif, Volstagg, and Hogun hurry to help Fandral out of the room.

"There won't be a kingdom to protect if you're afraid to act!" Thor continues.

Odin stares at him.

"Whatever the cost, the world must know that the new King of Asgard will not be held in contempt." thor stands up for himself

"That's pride and vanity that talks! Not leadership! Have you forgotten everything I've taught you? What of a warrior's patience, cunning?" Odin looks Thor up and down.

"While you wait and be patient, the Nine Realms laugh at us! The old ways are done. You'd stand giving speeches while Asgard falls!" Thor yells.

"You're a vain, greedy, cruel boy!" Odin yells back.

"Father please. He was only thinking of how to teach them a lesson." I speak.

"Enough from you Avinna! You of all people should know where you stand!" Odin yells

" And you are an old man and a fool!" The whole world seems to stop at Thor's words.

Odin falls quiet. When he speaks again, there's something terrifying beneath the calmness of his words. " A fool, yes! I was a fool to think you were ready."

Loki takes a step towards Odin imploringly. Odin turns and gives Loki a look which stops him in his tracks.
"Thor Odinson... You have disobeyed the express command of your King. Through your arrogance and stupidity, you have opened these peaceful Realms and innocent lives to the horrors of war."

"Father no!" I yell.

The Allfather plunges Gungnir into Observatory's control panel. The turret turns, the Bifrost energy building along with Odin's rage. It fires, as the Bifrost opens at the end of the platform, creating a portal behind Thor.

Odin turns angrily to his son. "You are unworthy of this Realm..."

"No father don't!" I start to walk towards Odin but Loki holds me.

Odin RIPS a disc off Thor's chest. "..unworthy of your title..." He rips away Thor's cloak.  "unworthy of the loved ones you've betrayed. I hereby take from you your powers." Odin extends his hand towards his son. Mjolnir goes flying from Thor's grasp into Odin's hand.

"Odin!!!" I yell tears streaming down my face.

" In the name of my father..." huge thunder and lightning comes off the hammer and hits Thor, disintegrating the right arm of his armor and part of the chest piece. "...and of his father before..."Another strike disintegrates the remainder of Thor's armor,
including the cape and torn-away disc on the floor.
"I cast you out!"

Odin thrusts Mjolnir before him and with a large Sound of thunder . Thor is hurled backwards into the open Bifrost and disappears in the vortex.

"Thooorrrrrr!" I get out of Loki's arms.

Odin holds Mjolnir in his hand, stares at it bitterly. He closes his eyes, lost in contemplation, whispers something quietly. "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor."

I look up to see the runes on the hammer linger for but a moment, then disappear. I know what's about to happen. I start to run. Suddenly, Odin turns and hurls the hammer. I jump and latch on to the hammer and get hurled into the Bifrost.