Chapter 103

We were inside the Quinjet on our way to a place in a city called Wakanda. The Prince is the hero that is called The Black Panther.

Steve Holds me close, my head on his chest and his chin on my head. "I thought I'd never see you again. After the first year past... I just thought my biggest fear was happing all over again..." he looks down at me.

"I don't plan on leaving you Steve Rogers..." I smile at him. "I will always come back to you."

He holds me close again. "You know when this is all over we can finally go on that date I promised you."

"As long as I get to pick the food." I smile.

"Oh come on you didn't like the hot dogs?" We both laugh and I shake my head no. "It's an American ball park classic." He smiles

"I want to eat in one of those high towers that spin." I twirl my pointer finger.

"Steve..." Sam Calls for Steve's in the pilot seat.

"Duty calls" he smiles at me and walks to Sam. "Okay Now Drop to 2600, heading 0-3-0."

Sam unsure but trusting "I hope you're right about this, Cap. Or we're gonna land a lot faster than you want to."

The Quinjet passes through a camouflage force field into Wakanda's Golden City's valley and lands at the airfield outside the palace.

T'Challa and the Dora Milaje approach to greet the arrivals.

We all walk out of the Quinjet, Cap and Black Widow leading, followed by Bruce and Rhodey, with Vision Wanda  And I following.

I over hear Bruce conversation. Bruce to James. "Should we bow?"

James seriously answers "Yeah, he's a king."

Steve greets T'Challa. "Seems like I'm always thanking you for something." They shake hands.

Bruce bows awkwardly to T'Challa.

James mock shocked. "What are you doing?"

T'Challa holds out his hand to stop Bruce. "Uh, we don't do that here." Bruce shoots James a look, and is answered with a big grin. "So how big of an assault can we expect?"

We all begin to walk into the administrative building.

I answer "You can expect quite a big assault. One you have never faced. Bigger than New York."

Natasha asked "How we looking?"

T'Challa answers her "You will have my King's Guard, the Border Tribe, the Dora Milaje, and..."

Bucky smiles as he walks toward Steve, passing some Kingsguard taking Vision and Wanda to another facility. "A semi-stable, 100-year-old man."

Steve and Bucky share a hug.

Steve Smiles from ear to ear "How you been, Buck?"

Bucky shrugs "Uh, not bad, for the end of the world."

I walk up to them. "I see you're all better."

"I see you got your girl back." Bucky fist bumps Steve. I smile and we continue to move to Shuri's lab.

In Shuri's lab, Shuri scans the Stone with her kimoyo beads while Vision lies on the examination table. She flips her hand over and studies the hologram projected over her palm. "Whoa. The structure is polymorphic."

Bruce Nods. "Right, we had to attach each neuron non-sequentially."

Shuri questions "Why didn't you just reprogram the synapses to work collectively?"

Vision looks at Bruce as if to ask the same thing.

Bruce really uncertainly not sure. "Because, we didn't think of it."

Shuri smiles reassuringly, "I'm sure you did your best."

Wanda bringing us back to the problem. "Can you do it?"

Shuri thinks for a second. "Yes, but there are more than two trillion neurons here. One misalignment could cause a cascade of circuit failures." She looks to T'Challa "It will take time, brother."

Steve concerned "How long?"

Shuri looks at vision "As long as you can give me."

Okoye kimoyo beads chime an alarm; she flicks one bead into her palm, where it projects the globe with a pulsing location marker. "Something's entered the atmosphere."

Outside, Sam and Bucky look up at the sky.

Sam over the Avengers' comm. "Hey, Cap, we got a situation here."

The defense shield over the Golden City destroys one of the alien vessels when it slams into the field at full attack acceleration.

Bucky Smiles "God, I love this place."

James also outside, and now in full War Machine armor watching three more ships burn through the sky. "Yeah, don't start celebrating yet, guys. We got more incoming outside the dome."

The shock waves and debris from the ship landings destroy acres of forest and boil up against the dome. The lab has an excellent view of the landing sites. Captain America and Black Panther look at each other in concern over the scope of what they'll be facing.

Vision starts struggling to sit up and slide off the exam table. "It's too late. We need to destroy the stone now."

Natasha moving toward Vision. "Vision, get your ass back on the table."

T'Challa starts to turn to leave "We will hold them off." Okoye and the guards head for the door.

Steve looks to Wanda "Wanda, as soon as the stone's out of his head... you blow it to hell."

Wanda nods "I will."

"Good luck" I say to them and Steve grabs my hand as we move to the battle ground.