Chapter 99

The giant cruiseliner is gliding through space, the twinkling of stars all around it.

Thor first steps out in front of me and I follow behind him. I see an assembly of both Asgardian and Sakaarian refugees awaiting their King.

Thor looks over his people and begins to walk through the crowd. His subjects part, allowing him through. I hug some of the survivors as I pass them.

They are all smiling. Humbly bowing. Grateful.

This time Thor isn't acting arrogant. Not trying to show off any swagger. No special hammer throwing. He is stately. A contemplative and dignified king.

At the end of the procession, Hulk, Loki, Valkyrie, Heimdall and I stand next to the captains chair.

Val Smiles "Your throne."

Thor Pauses. Reluctant acceptance. But then sits down.

Flanking him on opposite sides are me and Heimdall.

Behind us towering above them is the Hulk. Val and Loki joins them.

"So, King of Asgard." Heimdall starts.

Thor turns around to see thousands of people staring back, silently awaiting word from their new King. Now feeling the true weight of the crown, Thor takes a moment... and then

Heimdall continues "Where to?"

Thor really lost looks at his friends "I'm not sure. Any suggestions? Miek, what's your home planet?"

Korg, who is holding Miek. "Oh, Miek's dead. I accidentally stepped on him on the bridge, I've just felt so guilty I've been carrying him around all day..."

Miek wiggles to life. Korg lights up. "Miek, you're alive! He's alive everyone! What was your question?"

Thor looks forward, taking charge of this one. "Earth it is."

I smile knowing he would choose there.

It's been a day and everyone is still processing what happened. Also anxious about their new home.

I walk up to Loki look out the window.

"Do you really think it's a good idea to go back to Earth? Your boyfriend won't like me one bit." Loki gives me a charming smile.

"The people will understand." I smile. Knowing he isn't believing me.

Thor pats Loki on his back. "Probably not. But don't worry, brother...I've got a feeling that everything's going to work out."

Then through the window, we all see Thanos Warship approaching.

"Ahhh shit." Thor says under his breath.