Part Three - Chapter Thirty-Five: End of an Era

Cassidy took a deep breath as she looked around their London home one last time, it was the end of an era for them and they were now going to be moving to Madrid.

Cassidy rested a hand on her bump as she thought about how much her life had changed since they had first moved into this house.

“Cass?” Fernando asked stepping into the room where his wife was stood, his brown eyes watching her knowing what she was thinking and he didn’t blame her.

They had been through so much and were now saying goodbye to this chapter of their lives together.

“I’m okay, just thinking,” Cassidy said with a smile on her face, she turned to look at Fernando as he walked towards her.

The children were all ready to leave and now they were just waiting on their parents who were saying an emotional goodbye to the first home that they’d had as a married couple.

Fernando wrapped his arms around Cassidy knowing that this wasn’t going to be easy but he was sure that this was the right move for their growing family.

Fernando closed his eyes as he held her close, he couldn’t wait to have his children settle in his home country and he knew that when they had their next child that he was going to be raised in Madrid.

“I love you,” Cassidy said pulling back from her husband and smiled at him, she brushed her fingers tenderly through his hair as she pressed a kiss to his lips.

Cassidy was wearing a blue maternity shirt with heavy lace panels and double collar and maternity jeans paired with black ankle boots for the flight to their new home.

“I love you too,” Fernando said resting a hand against the bump that Cassidy was carrying, their son kicking as if knowing that this was the last time that they would be stood in this home.

***

Andrea sniffled hugging her eldest daughter, she closed her eyes knowing that she really hadn’t been prepared for this even with the advanced warning that she’d had that they were going to move to Spain.

Joseph watched them as he waited for his wife to pull back knowing that they were going to be visiting the couple constantly whenever they had the chance.

“You better look after them,” Joseph said eyeing his son-in-law, he had forgiven Fernando for what had happened when Cassidy had left him for a few weeks but he knew that if the footballer ever did it again then there would be trouble.

Fernando nodded his head as he looked at his father-in-law, he was never going to risk his family again and he knew that nearly losing Cassidy had been enough for him once.

“We’ll call you when we land,” Cassidy whispered pulling back from her mother and wiped away her own tears, it still felt completely strange that she was moving to Madrid with her family.

Cassidy had always lived in the English capital and now she was leaving it all behind to start fresh with her husband, children and step-children.

Joseph wrapped his arms around his wife knowing that if he didn’t stop her then she would be going with their eldest daughter, he knew it was hard but they still had Cassandra and Luke.

Fernando checked on the children as wrapping an arm around Cassidy knowing it would be a long flight, he had no idea how they would cope but he hoped that the twins would be okay flying.

“We better be going,” Fernando said looking at his wife, he knew they had to get through security and with four children it wasn’t going to be easy.

***

Cassidy sat down on in her seat on the plane and looked over at Fernando, she was glad for a moment that he’d hired a private jet to take them to Madrid.

Cassidy wasn’t sure she could have handled being on a commercial flight with four children under five while being heavily pregnant.

“You okay?” Fernando asked taking his own seat and looked across from his wife as she rested a hand on the bump, it wouldn’t be long now until they had another baby running about the house.

Cassidy nodded her head as she looked at her husband, it still felt strange to think that they weren’t going to be coming back to London unless it was for a holiday.

Fernando eyed her not completely believing her, he knew that she would tell him in the end when she was ready.

“It’s just really strange,” Cassidy said as she looked down at her hands, she knew that it was weird but she had been to Madrid before and she was sure she’d be okay.

Fernando nodded his head knowing that he could understand, he had felt the same way when he had first gone to England and he was going to do everything in his power to make sure that Cassidy felt comfortable.

“It’ll be okay,” Fernando said moving to take his wife’s hand, he glanced back at the children who were playing knowing that they would be fine; the flight had not long taken off and they were settled.

Fernando turned his attention back to Cassidy knowing that she was going to be fine, they were a lot stronger than they had been and they could survive a move like this.

“Is your padre picking us up?” Cassidy asked brushing some hair from her face, her brown eyes looking at her husband curiously knowing that they were having the cars shipped to Spain.

Cassidy was glad that she got along with her in-laws, she couldn’t imagine how awkward it would be if she didn’t; the move was going to be stressful enough and she didn’t need more stress in her life.

“We’re going to be okay aren’t we?” Cassidy asked sneaking a look at the children, she knew it was a little late to be asking this; she hadn’t had any doubts before and now she felt really nervous.

Fernando snorted and nodded his head, his brown eyes watching her knowing that he would never allow anything to destroy his family.

Cassidy was his soul-mate and he knew that there was so much that was going to change when they arrived in Madrid, it was a scary thought but they could do this.

“We’ll be more than okay,” Fernando said smiling at her, he knew that there was nothing in this world that could take her away from him now and he was sure that they would be able to survive whatever was thrown at them next.

Cassidy nodded her head as she tried to ease the nerves that bubbled inside of her, she hadn’t felt like this before and it set her a little on edge.

“This is a whole new chapter in our lives Cassidy… you, me, the children everything will work out from here,” Fernando said moving closer to his wife as he tried to ease her nerves.

Fernando couldn’t wait for this new start and he knew that whatever the future threw at them that it would just be another little bump in the road.

Cassidy nodded her head as she looked at Fernando, she didn’t know how he could be so positive but she knew that she trusted him more than anything else in the world.

The couple kissed briefly knowing that no matter what happened next in their lives that they were going to be okay; they had been through so much and this was just another new beginning for them.