Part One - Chapter Eight: Getting Motivated

Fernando sighed running his hand through his hair as he glanced over at Cassidy as she prepared for the match; it had been five weeks since the start of their affair and he had yet to score a goal meaning that she was still refusing to have sex with him.

The brunette was wearing T-shirt with V-neck in watercolour check print and indigo skinny jeans paired with black suede heeled ankle boots; he knew that she was trying to motivate him back into his old form and he was grateful for it.

Things with Olalla were going from bad to worse and Fernando had slowly starting to think about divorcing his wife of two years; he knew that she was hiding things from him and while he had Cassidy in his life he could see that he was missing out on so much.

Cassidy smiled as she nodded at her camera man before she walked away to check on her mobile, Chelsea where due to play West Ham United that day and she had a good feeling about the match.

“Hello,” Cassidy said smiling at him,Fernando nodded his head knowing that they had to be careful; he didn't want anyone knowing that they were seeing each other, he knew that it would only cause them both trouble.

“Hola, how are you?” Fernando asked keeping up the pretense that they were just friends; he knew that Frank hadn't been happy about the closeness between them lately and had warned him from attempting anything with Cassidy because she had a boyfriend and he was married.

Fernando had nearly told Frank that Stephan was abusing Cassidy, he had already told her that he would help her walk away at any time that she wanted.

“I’ve been good, what about you?” Cassidy replied knowing that Fernando was a little on edge right now, she felt a little guilty that she had been hold back on him because he had yet to score; she knew that Olalla was causing him more problems and she hoped that it wouldn’t affect his game today.

“Can’t complain,” Fernando said watching Cassidy as she pulled her phone out of her black detachable strap satchel and checked her messages; she seemed relieved when she noticed that there wasn’t any from Stephan before she put her phone back.

“When can we meet up again?” Fernando asked glancing around to make sure that no one was listening, he would do anything to keep Cassidy safe from the backlash that would happen if anyone discovered their affair.

***

Cassidy swallowed sitting in the private box, she tried not to stare as she spotted the one person that she didn't want to meet walking into the box with two children; looking away Cassidy wondered if Fernando knew that his wife was here.

“You okay Cass?” Christine Bleakley asked looking at her friend, she had noticed how quiet Cassidy had gone and it worried her since she had never seen Cassidy like this before.

Brushing some hair from her face, Cassidy glanced at Olalla then looked at Christine; she knew that Frank had shared her ideas about Olalla’s infidelity with his girlfriend and Christine had agreed that it was odd that Olalla showed little interest in her husband.

“This is a first, Fernando’s been playing for Chelsea for nearly twelve weeks and she just shows up now,” Christine muttered as they watched Olalla sit down away from the main group of WAGs; it was clear that she didn't wish to speak to any of them or be here.

Cassidy sighed turning her attention away from the other woman, she didn't want to think about Olalla since she was having an affair with their husband.

“Maybe she finally decided that she wanted to support her husband,” Toni Terry said making the others look at her, she saw the best in everyone but in the case of Fernando’s wife no one really knew her.

“She didn't even turn up on time, the match is nearly over,” Christine muttered making a couple of the other WAGs nod their heads as the match started to wind down; Chelsea were winning 1:0 after Frank had scored in the first half of the match.

Suddenly the crowd cheered making Cassidy grin softly as she watched Fernando score his first goal for his new club; she knew how much this meant to him and it was clear that he was relieved that he had finally scored.

“I guess you know who you’ll be interviewing after the match,” Toni said smiling at Cassidy, who nodded her head; she glanced over at Olalla who didn't even seemed to care that her boyfriend had finally scored after 903 minutes of playing for Chelsea.

Christine pursed her lips as she looked over at Olalla, who was messing with her phone; she didn't know what it was but she had a feeling that Cassidy was right about her thoughts on Olalla’s infidelity.

***

Cassidy pulled her bag onto her shoulder as she prepared to head home, she was done for the day and Stephan would be wondering where she was if she was late home for dinner.

Cassidy walked towards her 1977 Chevy Camaro, she had a feeling that Fernando had already gone home with his wife and children; she doubted that he would have waited for her while his wife was around, they didn't need Olalla getting suspicious.

“Cass,” said a voice making Cassidy jump before she turned to see Fernando standing behind her, he smiled at her softly as she stared at him confused; he had been waiting for a chance to speak with her privately.

“I thought you had gone home?” Cassidy said allowing Fernando to move closer to her, she glanced around wondering where his wife was; she didn't want them to be caught like this.

Fernando smiled softly stopping a few feet away from her, he knew that Olalla was waiting forhim but he needed to speak with Cassidy while he still could.

“I had to speak with you,” Fernando said watching her for a second, he suddenly ached for her and he needed to know that she would keep her promise.

Fernando needed some form of release and the footballer knew that Olalla would never be the one to give it to him; she hadn’t even congratulated him on his goal instead had demanded that he take her straight home.

“I’ll see you tomorrow Fernando for your reward,” Cassidy said making Fernando grin realising that she had remembered her promise; she smiled at him for a moment before she walked away to her car.

Fernando watched her leave he needed her in his life, she was offering him the balance that he needed right now and he was grateful for that; he had never felt like this about his wife and he had a feeling that sooner or later his marriage would end.

“I’ll see you then,” Fernando said before he headed to his Aston Martin DBS, he couldn't believe that he was doing this behind his wife’s back and he knew that if she learnt of this then there was no doubt in his mind that Olalla would divorce him and take everything that he had.

Licking his lips, Fernando knew that he would do anything to make sure that, that didn't happen; Olalla wasn’t the woman that he had first met and he didn’t know her anymore.