Part Two - Epilogue: The Wedding Dress

Andrea Smith grinned walking into Blackburn Bridal Couture, it was Cassidy’s final dress fitting before the wedding and the brunette couldn’t wait to see her daughter in her wedding dress for the first time.

Cassidy had kept everything about her dress quiet since she had chosen it back in November and now just two months before the wedding, the younger brunette had invited her mother and sister to see the dress.

“Did I miss it?” Andrea asked hurrying forward at the sight of her younger daughter sitting in the room; Cassandra shook her head as she looked down at her two week old son who was sat on her lap.

Luke Smith had been born only a week earlier and had nearly shared the same birthday as his two cousins Leia and Noah and everyone was a little surprised when he had been born.

“Nope… she’s still in the dressing room,” Cassandra said quickly checking on the twins, she smiled at the pair of one year olds who had also been measure for the dress and suit for the wedding of their parents; Leia was going to be a flower girl while Noah was going to be a ring bearer.

Andrea sighed in relief, she knew that Cassidy didn’t want any paparazzi getting a snap of her dress and ruining the surprise for Fernando.

Cassidy had found herself being increasingly followed by paps and many magazines had offered to cover the wedding but Cassidy had refused to turn her big day into a circus.

The designer that had been helping Cassidy into her dress appeared and smiled at the two women, she stepped to the side allowing the brunette to step out of the changing room and show them what she was wearing.

***

“So not long left until the big day,” David teased wrapping an arm around Fernando’s shoulder, he grinned knowing that in two months his friend would be a married man again.

Fernando had asked the Brazilian to be one of his groomsmen for the big day alongside Steven while Sergio was going to be his best man; Fernando had decided against asking Juan to be one of his groomsmen since he still didn’t trust him completely around his family.

“So what is the beautiful bride-to-be doing today?” Frank asked as the team headed back to the locker room after training, they were all starting to get a little excited about the impending wedding and while not all of them had been invited to the wedding, they had all been invited to the reception.

“Final dress fitting,” Fernando replied knowing that the dress would then be hidden at Cassidy’s parents’ house until the big day; he was a little disappointed that she wouldn’t tell him anything about the dress but he couldn’t wait to see her in it.

The wedding itself was going to be held Cain Manor, Fernando was quite impressed with how much his fiancée had managed to do while she hadn’t been working with very little help.

Cassidy had been a force of nature when it came to organising their wedding, she wanted everything to be perfect for their big day and nothing was going to take away from that.

“Are Nora and Leo going to be there?” David asked trying to remember if his friend’s older children would be attending his second wedding since he knew how much of a pain Olalla had been recently when it came to Fernando having them.

Fernando shook his head disappointed, he had begged Olalla to allow Nora and Leo attend the wedding and so far she had refused stating that they were going on holiday with her and George for two weeks instead.

“I’m sure she’ll come around,” David said knowing how much his friend wanted to have his children more but Olalla was making it difficult and the last time that Fernando had seen them it was clear that someone was trying to turn them against the footballer.

Fernando nodded his head as he took a deep breath, there was still two months until the wedding and Fernando was still going to try and change his ex-wife’s mind.

***

“So what do you think?” Cassidy asked as she looked at her mother and sister, she trailed her hands down her dress as she smiled; she couldn’t believe that her dress was finally ready for her wedding day.

Cassidy glanced at the twins and smiled pleased that they had stayed out of trouble while she was being fitted for her dress; since they had started walking, it had become clear that they were going to cause problems.

“You look beautiful,” Andrea said as she wiped away some tears making Cassandra roll her eyes and handed her mother some tissues, she knew that this was an emotional time especially with her own divorce finally being finalised after Jason had left her and had moved to America.

“She’s right Cass… it’s a beautiful dress,” Cassandra said as their mother sniffled and wiped away tears as she stared at her eldest daughter, the last few months seemed to have gone by so quickly that it was finally starting to dawn on everyone that the wedding was fast approaching.

TO BE CONTINUED…