Part Two - Chapter Six: Friendly Warnings

Juan glared at Fernando as the older Spaniard slammed him into a wall, he should have known that his team-mate was waiting to confront him but he had thought that Fernando would have been with Cassidy trying to make things right.

“I want you to stay the hell away from Cass,” Fernando snarled furiously, he didn’t know what Juan had said to his girlfriend but he wanted to make things clear with Juan so that he didn’t get the wrong idea.

Fernando wasn’t stupid and he knew that Juan had feelings for Cassidy, he had known for months even if she hadn’t figured it out; he had at least thought when Juan had started dating Lorena that this would all slowly go away but that clearly wasn’t the case.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about Torres,” Juan said rolling his eyes pushing Fernando away from him, he doubted that his team-mate knew anything and he was sure that he could handle him if Cassidy decided to take him up on his offer.

“I know you have feelings for Cass… hell even Sergio has seen it,” Fernando spat glaring at the man that he had trusted, Juan had said something to Cassidy about leaving him and he wasn’t going to allow his friend to steal her away from him; he loved her and would do anything for her.

Juan stared at Fernando wondering if he had been that obvious, he knew that he had often overstepped a line because of his feelings but he just wanted what was best for Cassidy and now the twins.

“So what if I do? She loves you,” Juan snapped bitterly, Cassidy didn’t see him the way he saw her; he had a feeling that after tonight she would probably push him away so that he wouldn’t get the wrong idea about how she felt for him.

“Because you’re taking advantage of the fact we’re having problems,” Fernando said looking at Juan, he couldn’t believe that his friend was doing this to him; he wasn’t going to lose his girlfriend over this.

Juan glared at him, he knew that Fernando was right even if he didn’t want to admit it; every time that there was trouble between the couple, he was quick to side with Cassidy and try to push Fernando away.

“I’m going to ask her to marry me Juan… I don’t want to have to keep worrying about you every time we have some sort of fight,” Fernando said running a hand through his blonde hair, he hadn’t even told his parents about what he had planned and he hoped that Juan wouldn’t ruin this for him; he saw the younger man as one of his best friends and wished there was something that he could do.

Juan blinked staring at Fernando, he suddenly hated the man before him wondering why he was doing this to him; he cared for Cassidy a great deal while Fernando had done nothing but hurt her in the past.

Juan shook his head before he stormed passed Fernando, he couldn’t deal with this right now and he wished that there was something that he could do to make sure that Cassidy wouldn’t marry Fernando.

***

“You look upset,” Lorena said approaching Cassidy, she had spotted Cassidy slipping out of the hall and now they stood on one of the balconies outside in the cool evening air; she looked at her friend worried about what had upset her.

“It’s nothing… just something that Juan said,” Cassidy said not wanting to go into how she thought that Juan had developed feelings for her; it made so much sense now and she felt like a fool for leading him on, she saw him as a friend and nothing more.

Lorena sighed moving to sit down next to Cassidy, she smiled at the brunette as she looked up at the night sky; the stars shone down on them as they watched for a moment before she spoke.

“Cass… I already know how Juan feels about you, I’ve known since he asked me out in February,” Lorena said gently, she watched the panicked look on Cassidy’s face; she hadn’t said any of this to make the brunette feel guilty, she had said this to try and ease her mind in the only way that she could.

“It’s okay I’m not going to shout or whatever… you’ve never led him on Cass, I can tell that you love Nando more than anything, ever if he is an idiot,” Lorena said smiling sweetly at Cassidy, she knew that she would never have a problem with her friend.

“I just feel so lost… I thought that I had problems with Fernando and then this happens,” Cassidy said shaking her head confused, she chewed on her lip as she looked at the rhodium and rose gold plated bracelet that Fernando had gotten her for Valentine’s Day; she just wanted some answers.

Lorena nodded her head knowing that Juan was getting involved in something that he shouldn’t, it was like he was trying to drive a wedge between the couple so that he could get what he wanted without thinking of the effects that it would have on everything.

“Listen I don’t know what you want to do about Juan but with Fernando it’s simple… if you love him as much as what I think you do, then don’t allow Olalla to win. She had him once and she lost him, she doesn’t deserve him,” Lorena said smiling at Cassidy, Fernando planned to ask Cassidy to marry him; he’d had the ring for weeks since she’d been the one to help him pick it out so that Cassidy would be surprised.

***

“I guess I’ll see you in the morning,” Fernando said stepping into his parents’ home, he looked at his girlfriend who nodded her head before she headed for the bedroom while Fernando headed to sleep on the couch.

Cassidy paused thinking back to her talk with Lorena, she knew that she couldn’t lose her boyfriend to Olalla and if she wanted this to work then she needed to make the first step.

Cassidy carefully walked towards the living room and watched as Fernando started to change so that he could get some sleep.

“Nando?” Cassidy said softly calling his attention to her, she watched as his attention snapped to her and he stared as if wondering whether she was going to end things between them that second.

“I was wondering if you were coming to bed?” Cassidy asked watching Fernando, she saw the understanding fill his eyes as he realised what she was doing; he sighed in relief as he picked up his jacket before moving to follow her into their bedroom.

Fernando wrapped an arm around his girlfriend, he didn’t know what had brought this on but he was glad; he was tired of sleeping on the couch even if he knew that he deserved it.

Closing their bedroom door silent once they were inside, Fernando glanced around the room knowing that they were alone since the twins were sleeping in his parents’ room for the night.

“Cass?” Fernando said softly as Cassidy slowly started to change out of her dress and into her nightwear, she looked at him as he watched her.

“Gracias,” Fernando said gratefully, he had learnt his lesson and now that he knew that Juan was threat to his relationship he wasn’t going to mess anything up again; he had too much to lose and he wasn’t going to let Cassidy or the children go.