Part Three - Chapter Nineteen: Baby's Heartbeat

Fernando smiled watching his wife walk around the kitchen preparing breakfast, the last few days had been interesting and tinged with a little sadness at the loss of Juan who had gone to join Manchester United.

Cassidy was nine weeks pregnant with their baby and the brunette had a beautiful glow about her, she was focusing her time and energy on the twins since she had turned down her job offer to focus on her family for a while.

“How are you feeling?” Fernando asked moving to help his wife, he was glad that she hadn’t had much morning sickness lately and he knew that they still had a long way to go before they had their baby.

Cassidy smiled turning to face her husband, she knew that he was worried about her, everything had been going so well for them for the last couple of months; they only hoped that nothing would take away from that.

“I’m fine,” Cassidy said kissing her lips before she moved to give the twins their breakfast, she smiled knowing that she was content with her life even if she was now only focused on her family.

Fernando watched her knowing that he was going to do everything in his power to make sure that her and the twins were okay; he couldn’t help but hope this the next few months he would be able to prove himself for Mourinho.

“What time is your doctor’s appointment?” Fernando asked carrying over his own breakfast as well as Cassidy’s, he wanted to be there for every stage of their second pregnancy since he had missed a lot of the first because of Olalla; he would admit that some of it was his own fault because he had wasted so much of his time with his now ex-wife.

The warm summer sun was starting to warm up outside and the twins would be heading to their grandparents while the couple were at the doctor’s; Fernando wanted to be with Cassidy when she had her first scan.

***

Cassidy smiled softly as Fernando nervously bounced his knee, she knew that he hadn’t been with her when she’d had the first scan for the twins; she carefully took his hand knowing that everything would be okay.

Fernando jumped slightly as he looked at his wife, his brown eyes staring at the brunette was wearing a nude cami top with art deco embellishment and high waist skinny ankle grazer jeans paired with strapped heeled tan ankle boots for the appointment.

“You okay?” Fernando asked concerned allowing Cassidy to squeeze his hand, his attention was pulled from her as the doctor returned with the results of her tests.

The last thing that Fernando wanted was anything to be wrong with either of them, his hand held onto Cassidy’s as he waited to hear that everything was okay.

“Your results are perfect Mrs Torres,” the doctor said making Fernando sigh in relief, he had been worried that with all of the traveling and stress that there might be something wrong with the baby.

Cassidy smiled knowing that the footballer had been worried, she had tried to ease his mind as best she could however she knew that Fernando wasn’t going to relax until he saw the baby for himself.

“Let’s get a look at baby shall we?” the doctor said as Cassidy moved to make herself comfortable on the chair, she leant back and rolled her top up carefully so that the doctor could scan her still flat stomach.

Fernando watched curiously as the doctor put some gel into his wife’s stomach while he started to scan; his brown eyes watching closely as the doctor scan his wife’s belly before the sound of a steady heartbeat filled the room making him smile.

“Baby has a strong heartbeat,” the doctor said as Fernando moved closer to his wife, he couldn’t believe that he was hearing his baby’s heartbeat for the first time; he felt tears form in his eyes as he looked at his wife.

Fernando couldn’t believe that he was really hearing their baby’s heartbeat, he leant forward and kissed Cassidy as the doctor quickly did a quick check before he turned to show the couple their baby.

“And there is your baby,” the doctor said pointing out the small peanut shaped image that was on the screen, he smiled at the couple knowing that everyone got emotional when they saw the image of their baby for the first time.

Cassidy sniffled staring at their baby, it still amazed her that there was something so small and innocent growing inside of her; she knew that she would never get used to this.

“It’s so small,” Fernando whispered in awe, he knew that in seven months’ time that they would have their baby in their arms; the couple had decided to wait for a couple of months before they told the twins or Nora and Leo that they were going to have a baby brother or sister.

***

Cassidy grinned watching Fernando staring at the image, she knew that he was in awe at the moment and she didn’t blame him; she brushed her fingers carefully against her flat stomach knowing that it would swell soon.

“You look hermonsa,” Fernando said looking at his wife, his eyes darkened as he watched her hand before he pushed himself to his feet; the footballer walked towards Cassidy knowing that he couldn’t wait to see her belly swell with his child again.

Cassidy blushed as she allowed him to slip a hand carefully under her top and rested his hand on her flat stomach, it was only a matter of weeks before she started showing.

“Nando,” Cassidy whispered feeling her face warm up at the look that he was giving her, she was suddenly glad that her mother had insisted that she keep the twins for the night; it was almost as if Andrea Smith had known what would happen.

Fernando smiled ducking his head down and kissed her, he knew that he wouldn’t be able to keep his hands to himself right now; he was thrilled that they were having another baby.

Fernando hadn’t shared the news that they were expecting with anyone but his family, he wanted to keep it quiet for a few weeks until they were out of the first trimester.

“I love you,” Fernando said carefully moved them back towards the bed, he knew what he wanted and he was sure that he would feel drawn to his wife like this for a long time.

Cassidy smiled knowing that she couldn’t remember the last time that he had been like this, his mind had been so focused on football that he hadn’t had much time for his wife for a couple of weeks.

“I love you too,” Cassidy said wrapping her arms around his neck, she pushed herself up and kissed his lips; she knew that they deserved some time with each after Fernando had started to focus on playing.

Fernando was determined to prove Mourinho wrong and make his make on the starting eleven, he wanted to prove that he could still play well.

However there was one thing that bothered Cassidy, she didn’t know what it was but she had a bad feeling bubbling in her stomach about Mourinho and she hoped that he wouldn’t get under Fernando’s skin and change her husband into someone else.