Part Two - Chapter Twenty-Two: Relationship Collapse

Fernando furrowed his brow confused as he heard someone knocking on the front door, he glanced over at Cassidy who was sound asleep next to him; he smiled as he watched her for a moment knowing that 2013 would be an even better year for the couple.

Fernando sighed climbing out of bed and pulled on his boxers along with his navy dressing gown as he headed to the bedroom door so that he could answer the front door; he offered a look behind him at his fiancée before he left the room.

Fernando muttered under his breath in Spanish annoyed that he had been dragged out of bed this early, he didn’t have a match until the next day and he wanted to spend the first day of 2013 with his family for as long as he could.

Heading downstairs, Fernando furrowed his brow as he heard the loud banging on the door; he fought back a yawn as his feet stepped off the stairs and onto the cold hall floor, he shivered as he hurried forward and unlocked the door so that he could see who was knocking on the door.

“Cassandra,” Fernando said confused looking at his fiancée’s sister as he opened the door, he blinked confused as he stared at her; he hadn’t even known that she was coming around that day let alone at this hour in the morning.

Fernando frowned realising that the blonde had been crying, he quickly ushered her inside knowing that being this upset couldn’t be good for her or her unborn baby; he closed the door quickly as Cassandra swallowed and tried to wipe away her tears.

“What happened?” Fernando asked making sure that his dressing gown was closed, he watched the blonde wondering what was going on; the last thing he wanted to see was anyone upset at the start of a New Year.

***

Cassidy stared speechless as she looked at her younger sister, she couldn’t believe what she was hearing especially right now; she glanced at Fernando who set a cup of coffee in front of her sister.

“I thought he was the one… we’ve been together for seven years and now he’s gone,” Cassandra whimpered making her older sister wrap her arms around her, she buried her head into her sister’s shoulder and cried; she had woken up that morning to find nothing but a note from her husband saying that after a year of marriage he had left her and their unborn child.

“You can stay with us for as long as you like,” Fernando said gently sitting down and watched the two sisters, he knew that he couldn’t just send Cassandra back to her empty house when she was clearly suffering.

Plus if she was going to divorce Jason then he wanted to help her get back on her feet especially after all Cassidy had done for him when he had been in the same situation with Olalla.

Cassidy looked at her fiancé gratefully as she continued to comfort her younger sister, she didn’t know how to thank him for allowing her to stay with them; he was willing to take in the five month pregnant blonde as if it was nothing when he knew that this could quickly turn into a messy situation.

“I wouldn’t want to impose,” Cassandra said softly pulling back from her sister, she looked at Fernando who shook his head and offered her a smile; the last thing she wanted to do was get under anyone’s feet when they had a family together.

“You won’t be… I’ll run by your house and pick up your stuff later for you,” Fernando offered knowing that everything would work out, he wanted to do what he could to make things easier for Cassandra; he wished that he could make things right, even if there was nothing that he could really do.

Cassidy looked at her fiancé, she couldn’t believe that she was so lucky to have him it could have been so much worse for her and everything could have collapsed for her because she had been messing around with a married man.

Fernando furrowed his brow as he looked at his fiancée, he could sense that something was on her mind and he hoped that everything was going to be okay; he wasn’t about to mess this up in anyway.

“Why don’t I show you up to the spare room? You look like you could do with some sleep,” Cassidy asked looking away from Fernando and focused on her sister, she shook her head refusing to think that she had made a mistake in messing around with Fernando.

***

“Don’t think like that,” Fernando said softly wrapping his arms around Cassidy and pulled her close, he knew what she had been thinking even if she hadn’t said anything to him; he wanted to ease her mind as much as he could before they got married in a few months.

Cassidy turned to look at her fiancé, she tilted her head as she stared up at him making him sigh and he ducked his head down and kissed her; he wished that there was a way to make things so much easier for them.

“I don’t regret how anything started for us… I love you,” Fernando said brushing his lips against hers, he they had started their relationship that it had been wrong but now twenty-one months later everything seemed so perfect for them and in six months they would be getting married.

Cassidy smiled wrapping her arms around his neck and kissed him, she didn’t have any regrets herself but she couldn’t help but think about the start especially when it had brought her the happiness and content that she had now.

“I love you too,” Cassidy whispered kissing him again, she allowed him to brush his fingers through her hair before she pulled back; she rested her head against his knowing that everything was going to be okay for them.

Fernando’s brown eyes searched her face before he kissed her again, he couldn’t wait for her to become Cassidy Torres and he knew that it was silly but he had been thrilled when the brunette had told him that she was going to change her surname to his.

“I would never leave you Cass… not unless you asked me to,” Fernando said honestly knowing that this was his home and he wouldn’t trade it for anything; he wouldn’t ever consider going back to the life that he had with Olalla, not when he had Cassidy and the twins in his life.

“I don’t think I would ever ask you too,” Cassidy said softly as she smiled at her footballer, she kissed him as he held her close; they had spent the day dealing with the aftermath of her sister’s separating and having time with the twins, it had made everything more clearer for the couple.

Fernando held her close for a moment before he felt Cassidy messing with his dark locks, his hair had changed colours again and he still wasn’t completely happy with it.

“I’ve booked a hair dresser for the 15th of this month,” Fernando revealed making Cassidy look at him curiously, her fingers continued to run through his long hair as she wondered what he planned to do with it now; she loved his hair but she knew that he was trying to find a style that suited him as a father of four and not just a footballer.

Fernando chuckled as he spotted the look on her face, he knew that when it had been done that he wouldn’t have any more worries; he needed his hair sorting out since it was getting a little too long for his liking.