Part Two - Chapter Seven: Nora's Birthday

“Happy Birthday,” Cassidy said kissing Nora’s cheek and smiling down at the little girl, she couldn’t believe that she was turning three already and she hoped that the twins didn’t grow up to fast.

Cassidy was wearing a black lace insert leather look tee and river island boyfriend jeans paired with black and grey suede trainers for the birthday party that was being held; Fernando wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her neck.

Fernando was thrilled that his girlfriend was warming up to him again, he was doing everything in his power to prove that she was the woman for him; he wasn’t going to lose her.

“Can I open my presents soon?” Nora asked eating her breakfast, she looked at her father who chuckled and nodded his head kissing her head.

Fernando moved away from Cassidy as she headed to check on the twins; she smiled at the thought of her small family.

Flori smiled as she looked at her son, she was pleased that things seemed to be getting better between Fernando and Cassidy; she just hoped that Olalla wouldn’t cause any trouble when she arrived.

The sound of the doorbell ringing made Fernando glance at his mother before he pushed himself to his feet and moved to answer it; he knew that he was going to have to be careful with his ex-wife around.

“Fernando,” Olalla greeted as he opened the door to her, she smiled sweetly at him as she shifted her hold on her son, Georgie Jameson, before she glanced back at her partner knowing that this was going to be far from easy.

“You remember George,” Olalla said looking at him knowing that this was the first time that Fernando had met the man that she had cheated on him for; she just hoped that it wouldn’t cause problems.

***

“Are you okay?” Cassidy asked standing next to Fernando, Leia cooed as she looked at her father who was watching Nora with Olalla; she had a feeling that this was far from easy for her boyfriend especially since he had never met George before.

Fernando nodded his head before he smiled and carefully lifted Leia from Cassidy’s arms and held the three month old close; he knew that he should be upset but he wasn’t, he had moved on with his life and he was glad that Olalla had as well.

“I’ve never been better,” Fernando said honestly glancing over at Noah, who was being held by José; t he would do anything for his family and he couldn’t wait to be able to call Cassidy his fiancée and later his wife.

“I love you,” Fernando said pressing a kiss to Cassidy’s lips before Nora called for his attention; he smiled as he pulled back from his girlfriend and turned his attention to the three year old.

Cassidy carefully took Leia from him, today would be all about Nora and she would have to deal with the twins so that Fernando could spend much needed time with his daughter.

Fernando watched as Cassidy walked away making him sigh before he moved to check on Nora; the little girl smiled up at him as he moved into the living room to join her and Olalla, who smiled at him.

“Did you hear papa… mama is coming back to London,” Nora said excitedly looking at him, he forced a smile and nodded his head knowing that he would have to find a way to balance his life between his ex-wife and his girlfriend.

Olalla smiled sweetly looking at her ex-husband, she was glad that they had been able to get close again after their divorce; she just hoped that things wouldn’t be too weird for them when she came back to London with George and Georgie.

“That’s great,” Fernando said glancing at his ex-wife, this would be another trip to the lawyers to sort out the arrangements for Nora and Leo; currently they lived with him and Cassidy in their home, but that would change when Olalla came back to London.

“It is… it means I can spend more time with you and Leo again,” Cassidy said looking at Fernando, this wasn’t going to be easy; Olalla had walked out on their children months back and now she was coming back as if nothing had happened.

Nora beamed at the news cuddling her mother while Fernando swallowed wondering what would happen when she returned to London and how it would change things.

Fernando pushed himself to his feet and excused himself, he glanced at Olalla’s boyfriend who had been watching him since he had arrived; Fernando had a feeling that he had something to say about the move back to London and the affair that had taken place.

***

“I was just wondering if we could have a little chat,” George said finally cornering the footballer after Nora had blown out her candles; the doctor glanced at Olalla before sighing knowing that this was a difficult situation for the both of them.

“I just wanted to say the best man won,” George said making Fernando look at him, he clenched his fist as he resisted the urge to punch him; he stared at George, who smirked as he stepped closer to the footballer.

Cassidy looked at the two men concerned hoping that there wasn’t going to be a fight; she glanced at Nora, who seemed completely unaware about what was happening.

“Olalla got the man that she wanted… that must be annoying,” George said smugly watching Fernando, it was wrong but he couldn’t help but twist the knife knowing that he was getting under the other man’s skin.

“Good because I don’t want her back… I have Cassidy and I wouldn’t trade her for the world,” Fernando said taking a deep breath to calm himself so that he didn’t do something that he would go on to regret; George was trying to bait him and he wasn’t going to fall for it.

George stared at him as Fernando moved around him, he knew that he was going to have to do something to make sure that Fernando knew that any interest in Olalla wasn’t welcome anymore.

Fernando moved towards Cassidy and wrapped his arms around her as he watched his daughter with her mother; knowing now that his problem was going to be George, he didn’t want the doctor thinking he could steal his children.

“Everything okay?” Cassidy asked softly drawing herself closer to Fernando, she didn’t know what it was but he gave her the creeps; she smiled up at the footballer as he kissed her cheek as if knowing what she was thinking.

“Perfect,” Fernando said kissing her lips, he wasn’t going to give George the benefit of the doubt right now; he was nothing but trouble and while Fernando may have moved on with his life, he didn’t trust the doctor around Cassidy and his children.

“Okay,” Cassidy said kissing him back, she didn’t want him getting upset while he was meant to be celebrating his daughter’s birthday and she didn’t want him getting worked up over something that wasn’t worth it.

George watched the couple kiss and knew that this was going to be interesting, he had only taken back Olalla because he had been forced to, he loved causing mayhem for other people.