Part One - Chapter Fourteen: Devastating Blows

Olalla smiled staring at the positive pregnancy test that was in her hands, she had known for a while that she was pregnant and now that she had the conformation; she couldn’t wait to tell George.

Glancing out of the bathroom, Olalla looked at her husband as he prepared to go to training; there was no way that the child that she was carrying was his, she had tried to put off having sex with him because it made her feel guilty.

Olalla hide the pregnancy test and looked at herself in the mirror, she had to end her marriage with Fernando and it would mean that she would lose everything that she had; she hoped that he would understand that she was no longer happy with him and would let her go.

“I’m going to training,” Fernando said as she stepped out of the bathroom, he didn’t look at her as he collected his bag and left the bedroom that they used to shared; she felt guilty for making him sleep on the couch but she didn’t want him in the bed that she shared with George.

Olalla swallowed carefully moving to get her mobile and started to text her boyfriend of one and a half years wondering how he would take the news that she was pregnant; she hoped that he would be thrilled that they were having a baby together.

Olalla moved out of the room as she headed to check on Nora and Leo, she knew that they would love George and when they all lived together they would be happy; she felt a little sorry for leaving Fernando alone but she couldn’t let go of what she had with George.

Olalla took a deep breath hearing the doorbell go, she smiled to herself as she made sure that she had everything ready and she knew that she couldn’t mess this up.

George looked at Olalla concerned as she opened the door to him, she smiled looking at him; she led him into the living room knowing that it would be easier for her to tell him.

“What’s going on?” George asked sitting down, he glanced around the room annoyed, he didn’t like coming to the home that she shared with her husband; there were so many reminders of the fact that he was destroying someone’s marriage.

“I’m eight weeks pregnant,” Olalla said moving to excitedly show him the pregnancy test; she didn’t even notice the look of horror on George’s face as he stared at her.

George had made it clear when they had started to get serious that he had never wanted children and now to hear that Olalla was pregnant; he wasn’t sure what to do but he knew that he didn’t want the child.

“I don’t want it,” George said making Olalla blink as she looked at him, the smile falling from her face as she looked at him confused, she had never expected him to say that to her; she stared at him as he pushed himself to his feet and shook his head.

“I’m sorry Olalla, I can’t do this… do what you want with that baby but I wouldn’t be there,” George said before he walked out of the house leaving Olalla behind; she sat numb as she realised that she wasn’t going to get her happy ending, she sniffed as she thought about what she was going to do now.

***

Stepping into his home, Fernando smiled as he thought about what he had in his bag and he couldn’t wait to hand them to Olalla; his lawyer had finally drawn up the divorce papers and he was prepared to give them to her today.

Fernando furrowed his brow as he stepped into the living room that was lit by candles, he looked around confused before Olalla stepped into view wearing a beautiful dress and holding a glass of orange juice and a glass of champagne.

“Olalla, what’s going on?” Fernando asked he knew that there was nothing important happening that that they hadn’t missed an anniversary or anything; he was a little nervous about what she was doing.

“I’m pregnant,” Olalla said smiling at him, if George wasn’t interested then she’d have to stay with Fernando; she knew that what she was going to do as cruel but she wouldn’t survive without him or his money.

Fernando felt his world collapse realising what she had said, she smiled at him as he tried to wrap his head around what she had just told him; he knew that he couldn’t ask her for a divorce now.

“Are you sure?” Fernando asked plastering a smile on his face, he wasn’t sure how he was going to break this news to Cassidy; he had planned to be with her and now that this had happened.

Olalla nodded her head handing him the glass of champagne and kissed his lips, she was going to have to fall back in love with him if she wanted this to work.

Olalla smiled at him, she had to make sure that her marriage survived now; she would lie for the rest of her life if she had to, to ensure her baby had a father.

“I’m eight weeks,” Olalla said looking at him, she pretended not to notice the look that was on Fernando’s face, he was shocked and she hoped that she would be able to convince him that this child was his.

***

Cassidy swallowed staring at Fernando, when he had told her that he was coming to see her; she had expected them to be spending the night together not this, she felt sick.

“She’s pregnant?” Cassidy whispered as she tried to ignore her heart breaking, this would end them and she had a feeling that things would never be able to survive now that Olalla was having his third child.

Fernando nodded his head looking at her, he hated that this was happening but he now had to stay with Olalla.

Fernando knew how it would look if he walked out on his pregnant wife, he couldn’t do that to his children or unborn child.

“What does this mean for us?” Cassidy asked looking at him, she watched as he ran a hand through his hair; he was in the process of having Olalla’s name removed from his arm and she knew that his wife would soon notice.

Fernando watched her knowing that she deserved so much better, he had to end things now before Cassidy got hurt; she didn’t deserve a man that she couldn’t have.

“I think it would be best if we ended things,” Fernando said as his own heart shattered at his decision, tears filled his eyes as he prepared to let Cassidy go; he couldn’t do this to her when he had a child on the way.

Cassidy looked at him as she realised what this was, he wasn’t going to leave Olalla now and that she was in the way again; she wiped away tears that fell from her eyes.

“Please don’t cry,” Fernando said moving towards her, he hated that he was hurting her; he cupped her face as he kneeled down in front of her.

Cassidy swallowed knowing that she was making this harder for him but she couldn’t stop the tears from falling from her eyes; she closed them as Fernando looked at her helplessly.

“I love you Cass,” Fernando said making her open her eyes, she watched him uncertainly as he ran his fingers through her hair as he realised what he had said.

“Oh god… I love you,” Fernando whispered as he realised that he cared for Cassidy, he watched her for a moment before he pulled her down into a kiss; he knew that he was going to have to let her go, he wanted Cassidy to be happy even if it wasn’t with him.