Part Two - Chapter Twenty-Four: Sickly Feeling

Cassidy groaned as Leia’s shrill cry filled the house, she rolled over and looked over at an exhausted Fernando; the twins both weren’t feeling well and the couple had been taken turns looking after them.

Cassidy stopped her fiancé from getting out of bed knowing that he had training early the following day; Fernando was attempting to do as much as he could while the twins were ill, even if he wasn’t getting a lot of sleep when he should.

“Nando,” Cassidy said softly shaking her head, she knew that he would make himself ill if he continued; she pressed a kiss to his lips as she wondered when the twins’ sickness would be over.

Fernando blinked the sleep from his brown eyes as he looked at Cassidy, he wanted to help out as much as possible since he was away during the day and he hated that Cassidy was stuck home with the twins and he couldn’t help her while they were ill.

“It’s fine… I really don’t mind,” Fernando said climbing out of bed, it was useless both of them being up when the other could be resting and he was determined to do his part; the footballer left his tired fiancée behind and padded to the nursery.

Fernando smiled softly as he headed over to Leia’s bed and lifted her into his arms, he cuddled her as he felt her head and sighed as he felt how warm she was; he shushed her as he bounced her carefully in his arms.

“It’s okay mi princesa, papa is here,” Fernando said trying to sooth her, he closed his eyes wishing that he could make them both feel better; he yawned as he walked out of the nursery and headed for the main bathroom so that he could give Leia a bath to cool her down.

***

Cassidy smiled softly watching Fernando asleep in the nursery, she had grown a little suspicious when he hadn’t returned from caring for Leia and now she knew why; she shook her head as she picked up a blanket and moved to place it over him.

Cassidy watched him for a moment as she covered him up before she pressed a kiss to her head, she didn’t know how she had gotten so lucky with him.

Cassidy stepped back as she ran her fingers through his still long hair knowing that it wouldn’t be long until it was gone; she didn’t know if she would miss it or not yet.

Cassidy smiled at him before she turned her attention to Noah, the little boy was wide awake and was watching her; he held up his hands so that she would pick him up.

Cassidy walked carefully over to his bed and picked him up, she smiled as she felt his head and was pleased to find that his temperature was starting to go down.

“Let’s get you some soup,” Cassidy said quietly making her way out of the twins’ bedroom, she glanced back at a peacefully sleeping Fernando and Leia; she smiled to herself as she left knowing that they would be okay for a while.

Noah rested his head against his mother’s shoulder as she walked downstairs, he cuddled into her arms as she headed for the kitchen before he found himself being popped into his high chair.

Cassidy ran her fingers through his hair and headed over to the fridge to get out some of the prepared chicken soup that she had made; she had known that it was the best thing for the twins when they were sick.

Cassidy was dressed in a grey sweat lounge hoody dress that she had worn it to bed and she hadn’t had chance to change; she was still tired and hoped that the twins would settle soon.

Cassidy set about warming up some of the soup, she rolled her eyes as she felt Fernando wrap his arms around her waist and rest his warm head against her neck; she sighed knowing that there was a chance that this would happen.

“Nando,” Cassidy said shaking her head as she turned to face him, she smiled softly brushing her fingers through his hair; he nuzzled his head against her fingers as if knowing what she did.

“I’ll make you some soup… back to bed,” Cassidy said kissing his cheek, she felt him nod as he mumbled something in Spanish; she smiled knowing that if Noah was already feeling better then it wouldn’t be long until Leia and Fernando did as well.

***

Fernando pouted as Cassidy made sure that he was comfortable, she tucked him into their bed before handing him some soup; she had called Rafael to inform him that her fiancé wouldn’t be coming in since he wasn’t well and it had been a little awkward since she hadn’t spoken to him since before she had lost her job.

“Don’t look at me like that you’re sick,” Cassidy said as Pomo climbed up on the bed and curled up by his owner, Fernando sniffled making the brunette chuckle as she shook her head and handed him the remote for the television in their bedroom.

Fernando shivered as Cassidy made sure that he was comfortable, he couldn’t remember Olalla ever doing any of this when he had been ill and he couldn’t help but feel that he had made the right decision to end his marriage.

“Now I’ve brought you up some DVDs to watch,” Cassidy said handing them to him, she smiled as Fernando rubbed his red nose knowing that he would be fine in a few days; she ran her fingers through his hair making him look at her.

“And I’ll be downstairs if you need anything,” Cassidy said making Fernando frown, he didn’t want to be left alone but the twins were napping and there was still stuff to be done around the house; he just wished that his fiancée would climb back into bed and spend the day with him.

Cassidy smiled knowing what he wanted, however it wouldn’t be a good idea since they had the twins to think about and it wouldn’t be good if she also got sick.

“Now try and get some rest,” Cassidy said making Fernando nod his head, he sniffled as he wiped his noise again as he looked at her; he felt tired and he wanted nothing more than to hold her close for a couple of hours and rest.

“Quédate conmigo,” Fernando murmured without thinking, he looked at his fiancée hoping that she would stay; she sighed and shook her head before she pressed a kiss to his head knowing that he was too ill to realise that he had spoken in Spanish.

“Not right now… I’ve got to check on the twins plus you won’t rest if I do,” Cassidy replied making Fernando furrow his brow as he realised that she had understood what he had said; Cassidy left him alone making him pout while Pomo and Llanta settled on the bed with him.

Fernando pouted as he watched her leave, he carefully pushed himself up and pulled back the covers to climb out of bed; he was determined to cuddle with her one way or another.

“Back in bed Fernando,” Cassidy called from the hallway, she didn’t have to be in the same room as him to know what he was thinking; Cassidy looked around the corner and raised an eyebrow at him, she smiled as the footballer slowly slipped back into the bed.

Fernando got back into bed and pouted as he looked at her, he couldn’t believe that he was actually doing what she wanted when all he wanted to do was cuddle with her.

Fernando leaned back in bed, he couldn’t believe that he was ill especially when the twins were, he hated that there was nothing that he could do help; Cassidy was going to be busy between him and the twins.