Part Three - Chapter Thirty: Preparing for Christmas

Stepping into his home, Fernando smiled as he was greeted by the smell of cookies being baked; his stomach grumbled as he set down his training bag and headed for the kitchen knowing that his wife and children would be there.

“Papa,” Leo squealed in excitement as he hurried over his father as the footballer stepped into the kitchen; he ducked down to pick his eldest son up as Cassidy smiled at her husband.

It was the week before Christmas and the brunette was twenty-eight weeks pregnant now, her stomach still expanding to house their growing baby boy.

“Have you been good for Cassidy?” Fernando asked shifting his hold on Leo and walked over to be with the twins, he was trying to find a balance between his two eldest children and their siblings.

Leo nodded his head as he showed Fernando his biscuit that was in the shape of a star, he smiled shyly at his father as he was set down by his younger brother and sister.

“I helped make cookies,” Leo said proudly showing Fernando, he looked over at Nora and Cassidy who were just pulling another batch out of the oven.

Fernando eyed his pregnant wife carefully, she was wearing a white neppi jumper in black spot and maternity skinny jeans with distressed vintage finish paired with blue star trainers; he carefully got to his feet and moved to help his wife.

“Nando,” Cassidy said with a roll of her brown eyes as he took the tray carefully from her and set it down; Nora grinned up at her father with chocolate on her face.

Fernando chuckled as he moved to press a kiss to her lips, he was a little disappointed that they would have to wait until the New Year to move to Madrid but there was no way around it.

Mourinho had already told him that he would be selected to play in the Arsenal, Swansea City and Liverpool matches before the transfer window opened and his transfer to Atlético Madrid.

***

“Tree,” Leia squealed excitedly as Fernando turned on the lights, he laughed softly knowing that the twins were mesmerized by the lights and ornaments that had been put up the week before.

Nora sat down by her sister and started to play with her, making Fernando smiled at the sight of this knowing that Nora adored being around her younger siblings and enjoyed the responsibility that she was allowed.

Cassidy carefully settled herself on the couch as she rested a hand on her bump, she rubbed it as Leo and Noah settled down around her.

“Amor?” Fernando murmured getting to his feet, his brown eyes holding concern for her knowing that they didn’t need anything going wrong right now.

Cassidy looked at Fernando and shook her head, she rubbed her bump again as she took a deep breath; she had a feeling that this one was definitely going to be a football when he was older.

“Baby’s kicking,” Cassidy said watching her husband move to sit beside her, she knew he worried after the warning the doctor had given them about her blood pressure; it wasn’t something that Fernando wanted to repeat after learning how serious everything could get.

Fernando sighed relieved as he nodded his head and carefully moved to rest a hand on Cassidy’s bump, he brushed his fingers tenderly against the growing belly.

“Baba,” Noah said tilting his head curiously making Fernando nod his head, he carefully lifted the little boy to be close to his mother followed by Leo; the two of them rested their tiny hands on Cassidy’s stomach to feel their baby brother moving inside.

Cassidy watched the two little boys wondering if they understood what was growing inside of her and not just that it was a baby.

“I have a friend coming out to see me before Christmas,” Fernando said looking at his wife, his fingers moving to trail across Nora’s name on his right forearm; he knew that he was a little behind on getting the twins names done.

Leo’s name tattoo sat on the back of his right upper arm in the same style of his sister’s while the space that used to hold Olalla’s name was now completely blank.

“A friend?” Cassidy asked brushing her fingers through Noah’s brown hair, she raised an eyebrow at him knowing that there had to be a reason why he was telling her this.

Fernando nodded his head, he had thought long and hard about this and he had decided that it was time to get a couple more tattoos to add to his collection.

“He’s a tattoo artist,” Fernando said knowing that there was little point denying what he was going to do, he was sure that he wanted Leia and Noah’s names to join his collection.

As well as his two eldest children’s names, Fernando had his jersey number on his left wrist, his name in Tengwar on his left forearm and the date that his grandfather had passed away on the bottom of his right leg in roman numerals.

“I want Leia and Noah’s names done,” Fernando said knowing that his wife wouldn’t object to this, it had been a while since he’d had any work done and the last time a needle had touch him was for the removal of Olalla’s tattoo.

***

“Did Nora go down okay?” Cassidy asked waddling slightly out of the bathroom, she looked at her husband as he closed the bedroom door knowing that they didn’t need the children seeing them wrapping presents.

Fernando nodded his head as he smiled at his wife, he couldn’t wait for their baby boy to arrive in twelve weeks’ time; they had decided on a couple of names.

“How are you feeling?” Fernando asked while Cassidy plopped herself down on the bed, he knew that the next twelve weeks would fly by and they still had to move to Madrid.

The couple had planned to fly out to Madrid on the 30th, they were determined to at least spend the New Year in their new home before Fernando’s transfer happened.

“I’m fine,” Cassidy said resting a hand on her bump, she knew he worried constantly but everything was going fine so far and the brunette was scheduled in Madrid for her caesarean section since she wouldn’t be able to have natural labour after how Noah had been born.

Fernando nodded his head warily as he moved over to his wife, he knew that she was okay but it would never stop him from worrying about her.

“So another tattoo?” Cassidy said leaning back on his pillow and watched him, her back was aching a little and she knew that it wouldn’t be long now until her baby would be ready to come out.

Fernando nodded his head as he sat down next to her, he knew that this was what he wanted and he couldn’t help but be happy that she wasn’t upset about it.

“Nothing big… plus I’ll get his name done after he’s born,” Fernando said resting a hand on the bump, he smiled at the swift kick that the baby gave knowing that he was okay.

Cassidy nodded her head as a soft smile formed on her face, she trusted Fernando not to do anything stupid and she had to admit that she was touched that he was doing something like this for their children.

Fernando couldn’t wait and he was excited about what the future would hold for his ever growing family.