Part Three - Chapter Three: The Wedding Ceremony

Fernando couldn’t keep the smile off of his face as Cassidy walked down the aisle towards him with her father; he couldn’t believe that this moment was finally here, in a matter of moments she would be his wife.

Cassidy looked absolutely beautiful and he would never let her go once she was his wife, he knew that he was a lucky man; this was the day where his life would change for the better.

Cassidy pressed a kiss to her father’s cheek as he handed her over to Fernando, he sniffled slightly as Andrea moved to make sure that he didn’t make a show of himself; she smiled at her eldest daughter knowing that today was going to be fine.

“We are gathered here today in the face of this company, to join together Fernando José Torres Sanz and Cassidy Hilary Smithin holy matrimony,” the official said as he started the ceremony, he smiled as he looked between the couple that were stood before him; there was no denying for anyone in attendance that they weren’t in love.

It was plain to see that the couple were very much in love and there was no way that this marriage would be torn apart; the official cleared his throat as he prepared to continue.

“Fernando do you take Cassidy to be your lawful wedded wife, to live in the holy estate of matrimony? Will you love, honour, comfort and cherish her from this day forward, keeping only unto her for as long as you both shall live?” the official asked looking at the footballer, he watched him closely as Fernando stood with a smile on his face as he stared at Cassidy.

“I do,” Fernando said, there was nothing that would take away from this day, he knew they had even altered the ceremony slightly because they didn’t want anyone from their past to come and object to their marriage.

The official smiled as he nodded his head before he turned to look at Cassidy, she looked just as in love as Fernando did; the brunette hadn’t looked away from him since she had entered the room.

“Cassidy do you take Fernando to be your lawful wedded husband, to live in the holy estate of matrimony? Will you love, honour, comfort and cherish him from this day forward, keeping only unto him for as long as you both shall live?” the official said moving on.

Cassidy smiled as she swallowed the lump that was forming in her throat, she could already feel the tears building in her eyes.

She couldn’t believe that this moment had finally come, she knew that she was going to spend the rest of her life as Fernando’s wife and that thought filled her with joy.

“I do,” Cassidy said making the footballer grin at her, he squeezed their hands knowing that she was starting to well up and he didn’t blame her; he could feel tears pricking his own eyes as he watched her.

“Okay Fernando repeat after me… I, Fernando José Torres Sanz, take thee Cassidy Hilary Smith to be my wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love, honour and cherish, 'til death do us part,” the official said which Fernando repeated happily, he couldn’t wait for this to be over; he wanted nothing more than to be able to hold the brunette in his arms.

“Cassidy repeat after me… I, Cassidy Hilary Smith, take thee Fernando José Torres Sanz to be my wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love, honour, and cherish, 'til death do us part,” the official said and Cassidy repeated after him; the room was sniffling and wiping away tears as they watched the couple wed.

Everyone knew that they had been through quite a bit to get to this point and while a lot didn’t know the true start to this relationship; it was all agreed that this was the happiest they had seen either of the couple.

“If we could have the rings please… Fernando first,” the official said as Fernando was handed the ring by Sergio, who smiled at him while Cassandra did the same with Cassidy; the two had surprisingly got along better than anyone had thought and it was clear that a new friendship had been made.

The two rings were placed carefully onto the bible that the official was holding before they could continue; Fernando smiled knowing it wouldn’t be long now, he couldn’t wait to hear the words at the end of the ceremony that made Cassidy his wife.

“May this ring be blessed so he who gives it and her, who wears it, may abide in peace, and continue in love until life's end,” the official said as he nodded at Fernando to take the 18ct yellow gold fifteen point diamond set wedding ring and for him to place it onto the brunette’s ring finger.

The engagement ring that Fernando had proposed to Cassidy with had been moved onto her other hand, she hadn’t wanted to take it off and knew that this was the best way that she could keep it on her after she put on her wedding ring.

“With this ring I thee wed, wear it as a symbol of our love and commitment,” Fernando said as he smiled at her, he carefully placed the ring onto her bare ring finger knowing that he was never going to do anything to hurt her again; she was his best friend and soul-mate, he didn’t know if he could ever live his life without her, she was that important to him.

“May this ring be blessed so that she who gives it and he who wears it may abide in peace, and continue in love until life's end,” the official said as he nodded at Cassidy to take the 18ct gold two colour fifth carat diamond ring and for her to place it onto the Spaniard’s ring finger.

Cassidy tried to keep herself composed knowing that it was nearly over, she swallowed knowing that she would do anything for Fernando and she wasn’t ever going to make the mistake of letting him go again.

“With this ring I thee wed. Wear it as a symbol of our love and commitment,” the brunette said as she slipped Fernando’s ring onto his finger, she felt him lace his fingers with hers knowing that she was shaking a little.

“Fernando and Cassidy have consented to live forever together in wedlock and have witnessed the same before this company, having given and pledged their love for each to the other. Having declared same by the giving and receiving of a ring, I pronounce that they are husband and wife…You may now kiss the bride,” The official said allowing Fernando to pull Cassidy into a kiss; a cheer sound throughout the crowd as they got to their feet and clapped for the couple.

Andrea gave her husband a watery smile before she handed him another tissue, she laughed softly knowing that he was upset that his little girl had gotten married.

“Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the loving couple, Mr and Mrs Fernando and Cassidy Torres,” the official announced as the footballer pulled back slightly, he pressed another kiss to the brunette’s before Sergio placed a hand on his shoulder knowing that if someone didn’t stop him then he’d never stop kissing his new wife.

Un-noticed by the happy couple and sat at the very back of the room, where they had married at Juan; he knew that he hadn’t been invited to the ceremony and only the reception but he couldn’t help himself, he needed to be here even if it was only so that he could support his friends in secret.