Part One - Chapter Fifteen: More than One

Fernando sighed ignoring Olalla’s rambling, he didn’t know what it was but she had become clingy with him since she announced that she was pregnant; it was like she didn’t want him to disappear.

“I was thinking that we should start telling our families, I’m sure our parents will be thrilled with the news,” Olalla said smiling at her husband, she was doing everything in her power to keep him on her side; she knew that if he ever discovered that the baby wasn’t his then there was going to be trouble.

Olalla was currently eleven weeks pregnant and even if it was early October, she was already starting to plan what they would be doing for Christmas; she wanted to host a big Christmas party for his team-mates and it made Fernando nervous about what she was up to.

“That sounds great,” Fernando agreed thinking about the last few weeks that had flew by, he knew that he hadn’t seen much of Cassidy; Cassidy had given him a wide berth since he had told her of Olalla’s pregnancy and he feared that their relationship was over.

Olalla smiled unaware that his thoughts lay with another woman that he was in love with, she was just happy that her plan was working and that there didn’t seem to be any problems yet; she quickly moved to check on the breakfast, she had no idea just how wrong she was.

“I have to get to training,” Fernando said thinking about going to speak Cassidy, he hoped that there was a way that she could still be his friend; he didn’t want to lose her even if it meant that this was the only way that he could have her in his life.

***

Cassidy swallowed spotting Fernando as she arrived at the training ground, the last three weeks had been hard on her and Cassidy wasn’t sure how he would react when she told him why she was avoiding him.

Cassidy knew that they were now going to have to deal with the consequences of what their short affair had left behind; she watched Fernando talking to Juan Mata as she walked passed them.

Fernando swallowed spotting Cassidy before he quickly excused himself and hurried after her; he needed to make things right.

“Cass can we talk?” Fernando asked pulling Cassidy to a stop, it hurt him that she didn’t want to spend time with him anymore.

Cassidy sighed looking at Fernando, she had to tell him but this was neither the place nor the time for this talk; she stared at him knowing that she had to tell him the truth.

“Not here,” Cassidy said making Fernando nod his head, he didn’t know what it was but there was something different about the blonde; he tilted his head as he tried to figure out what it was before Cassidy nibbled on her lip.

“I have an appointment at five, so you can met me at the apartment at eight,” Cassidy said knowing that she couldn’t miss the appointment and she knew that this was the best time to tell Fernando what was going on.

Fernando nodded his head as he looked Cassidy over, she was wearing a pink/navy oversized dip dye shirt and black kick flare jeans paired with black shoe boots.

“I’ll see you later,” Fernando said offering her a small smile before he hurried away, there was something going on but he couldn’t bring himself to care as long as he got to see Cassidy again

***

Stepping into her apartment, Cassidy sighed running her fingers through her brown hair, she had been to have her blonde locks removed so that she could be a brunette again; she knew that she couldn’t take the risk with dying it right now.

Cassidy set down her black patent coin logo top zip handbag as she headed into the living room, she knew that Fernando would be here soon as she had to prepare to tell him.

Cassidy didn’t have to wait long before she heard Fernando stepping into the apartment, she took a deep breath as she listened to the door being closed before he stepped into the living room.

“Cass?” Fernando asked confused looking at her, he wasn’t sure why she had gone back to being the brunette but it worried him; he licked his lips as he slowly approached her curious about what was going on.

“I need to say something,” Cassidy said making the footballer nod his head, he could see that something was bothering her and he wanted to make things right between them and he knew that this was just the start.

“I’m pregnant,” Cassidy said softly breaking the news that she had found out two weeks earlier, she licked her lips knowing that this wasn’t going to be easy for him; not only was his wife pregnant but now his former mistress was also pregnant as well.

Fernando stared at her moving to sit down as he tried to wrap his head around what she had told him, he couldn’t believe that he had managed to get them both pregnant.

“You’re sure?” Fernando asked looking at Cassidy, he knew that this was serious and that this wasn’t going to end well; he knew that he was going to have to find a way to care for the child that he had fathered with her.

Cassidy nodded her head remembering her trip to the doctor’s, she had thought it was a bug or something and had been shocked to hear that she was carrying Fernando’s baby.

“Six weeks… so conception was our night in Hong Kong,” Cassidy said making Fernando stare at her, he remembered how they had been that night and it made him smile softly at what they had managed to do.

Cassidy swallowed messing with the hem of her top, she knew that this wasn’t going to be easy for him even if she had done the right thing by telling him that he was going to be a father.

“I want to be involved as much as possible… I love you Cass and I’ll do my part,” Fernando said softly moving towards Cassidy, he swallowed knowing that he would do anything for the child that she was carrying.

Fernando had never seen her as his mistress and he wished that there was something more that he could do.

“You don’t have to do that,” Cassidy said shaking her head, she watched him wondering why he was doing this; they had ended their affair and now this had happened.

“I do… I want to, that is my child and I want to help,” Fernando said as his mind started to think of what he could do, he was already providing her with a home but there were other things that he could do.

Cassidy stared at the man beside her, this wasn’t going to be easy for them and she had a feeling that it was going to be difficult to hide; she allowed the footballer to push her top up so that he could rest a hand on her stomach.

The two stared at one another for a moment, they knew that with Olalla also being pregnant that this wasn’t going to be easy; he would be torn between the two of them.

Fernando carefully kissed Cassidy knowing that he would do whatever it took to be there for her, he wished that he wasn’t tied to Olalla in anyway.

Fernando still had the divorce papers but he couldn’t bring himself to divorce her while she was pregnant with his child; it would be so much easier if Olalla’s baby wasn’t his.