Part One - Chapter Ten: Team Discoveries

Fernando frowned spotting Cassidy, his brown eyes slipped from his lover to the man that was stood talking to her; he didn't have to guess to know that it was her boyfriend.

Fernando stood watching them as he prepared to play the match against Everton, they had been sleeping together for nine weeks now and he knew that this was something that he would have to get used to; now knew how Cassidy felt when she had to see him with Olalla.

Running a hand through his brown hair, Fernando watched the couple with a sick feeling in his stomach; now that he knew what her boyfriend was like Fernando couldn't bring himself to find anything likeable about the man before him, any man that laid a hand on a woman didn't deserve to be liked in his opinion.

“Torres come along,” Carlo Ancelotti said walking past Fernando, they were playing the last match of the season and Fernando knew that the manager was a little on edge about his fate at the club.

Casting one more look at Cassidy, Fernando sighed and headed out for the pitch; he hated that he couldn't tell her to leave her boyfriend, he couldn't offer her anything because he was married.

Cassidy moved away from Stephan and looked over at Fernando as she prepared to head to her seat, she didn't know what it was but she had been feeling a little sick and she hoped that she wasn’t coming down with something.

“Are you okay?” Cassidy asked softly taking her seat and glanced at Fernando, who was sat close by; he nodded his head stiffly at her as the match before them started.

The brunette sighed as she glanced around, she was wearing berry cowl halter neck top and black skinny leather trousers with biker detail paired with black high heels and her tan cross body leather bag for the match.

“Why is he here?” Fernando asked making Cassidy look at him, she knew that he was asking about Stephan who he had never seen before because Stephan didn't really like football.

“He had business in Liverpool and wanted to see me,” Cassidy explained making Fernando furrow his brow and look at her, Cassidy sighed as she nibbled on her lower lip knowing that they couldn't have this conversation here.

Fernando sighed turning back to the match, he would talk to her later about this; he needed to get his head in the game if he wanted to make an impact on the match.

***

“I’m just saying that I could find you a better job than this,” Stephan said wrapping an arm around his girlfriend, who rolled her eyes annoyed as she wondered why he couldn't be happy for her.

Stephan had never approved of her job working at a football club, he was always trying to convince her to allow him to find her a better job or to let him support her; nothing would make him happier than to have Cassidy as his little housewife.

“I am happy working here,” Cassidy said annoyed wondering when he would drop this, she knew what he wanted and her job was the only freedom that she had from him; she would have to end their relationship soon if he didn't stop being controlling or abusive.

Stephan glared at Cassidy as she pulled away from him, he hated that she was trying to keep her independence and she was also starting to pull away from him and he didn't like it.

“We’ll talk about this at home,” Stephan said making Cassidy pale slightly as she realised what he was going to do; she swallowed knowing that it would only be worse if she tried to hide away from him or if she avoided going home.

Cassidy felt the hairs on the back of her neck stand up as she looked at her boyfriend, she knew that Fernando was watching them and she had a feeling that he knew what Stephan was going to hurt her later.

“I have to go and speak with Carlo, excuse me,” Cassidy lied walking away from her boyfriend, this was far from over and she doubted that tonight would be pleasant when they were home alone together.

Stepping into a quiet corridor, Cassidy glanced around before Fernando joined her, she looked at him knowing that he looked far from pleased about the fact that Stephan was here and that he had threatened her.

“Don’t go home with him,” Fernando said looking at the brunette that he cared for, he couldn't offer her a lot but there was something that he could offer her the help that she needed. Cassidy crossed her arms as she looked at Fernando shaking her head.

“I don’t have a choice, where else would I go?” Cassidy said watching him, she didn't notice that John and Frank were listening in on the conversation as they ducked out of the corridor to eavesdrop.

Fernando licked his lips knowing that this was his chance; he had seen the pair and he needed their help in convincing Cassidy to walk away.

“I can’t let you go home with him knowing he’s going to beat the crap out of you… you can’t hide those bruises forever Cass,” Fernando said glad that Frank and John would hear them, they had no idea what really went on.

Cassidy sighed knowing that he was right but she knew that Stephan would never allow her to walk away without a fight and she couldn't risk that right now.

“Stephan hurts you,” Frank said shocked making Cassidy look at him, she swallowed knowing that there would be no denying it now that he knew.

***

“Frank what are you doing?” Ashley Cole yelped launching himself at the vice-captain to stop him after he had punched Stephan; the man clutched his broken nose while John glared at him as Frank struggled against Ashley.

“So you get your chuckles from slapping women around?” Frank snarled making everyone around him fall silent, they stared at him wondering what he was talking about; they didn't think that Cassidy would put herself through something like that.

Stephan stared at Frank as he wondered if Cassidy had ratted him out, he licked his lips not denying what he had done making Frank seething with anger.

“My personal life is nothing to do with you and what happens between me and Cassidy is none of your business,” Stephan said calmly as Frank stepped away from Ashley, who had dropped his hold on him in shock of what was being said.

Frank glared at the man before him wondering what Cassidy had done to deserve what he did to her; he had never thought that Cassidy would hide something like this from them.

“It is my business when you are beating a woman up, you will never see her again,” Frank spat disgusted that someone could do that to someone they supposedly loved.

Stephan pursed his lips as he looked at the footballer, he had a feeling that this would be the right time to walk away; he knew that he wouldn’t win a fight against the footballer or his friends.

“Fine… I’ve been sleeping with my secretary any way,” Stephan said ignoring the looks of disgust as he turned on his heel and walked away; they knew that Cassidy deserved better than him and they hoped that she would be okay now that things between them were over.