Part Three - Chapter Nine: Back Home

Fernando grinned as he helped Cassidy from the car as they stood outside of their home, they were finally home from their honeymoon; they were a little disappointed that it was over however they had missed the twins while they had been away.

"It's good to be home again," Cassidy mused stretching, she was exhausted after their long flight and she was looking forward to sleeping in her own bed again; she was only slightly disappointed that in a few days Fernando would be leaving for Brazil.

Fernando nodded his head as he watched his wife for a moment before he picked her up making Cassidy squeak in surprise as she clung to him; she looked at him as he chuckled holding her close as he approached their home.

"What are you doing?" Cassidy asked holding onto Fernando as he stopped in front of their front door; he shifted her in his arms so that he could unlock the door so that they could step inside.

Cassidy laughed softly as her husband bit his lip as he struggled for a moment to stick the key in the lock; she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed his cheek making him smile as he looked at her.

"Carrying my beautiful wife over the thresh-hold," Fernando replied when he finally got the door open, Cassidy grinned as she pressed a kiss to his lips as he stepped inside of their home; she couldn't believe that he was still being this sweet to her now that they were back from their honeymoon.

The couple kissed as Fernando carefully set Cassidy back on her feet, he grinned as he wrapped his arms around her as he held her close to his chest; he couldn't believe that they were finally home after two weeks in the sun.

"Why don't you pop the kettle and I'll get our bags," Fernando suggested pulling back from Cassidy, who nodded her head; she smiled up at him as he admired the beautiful tan that she now carried.

***

"So how was Bora Bora?" Andrea asked smiling at her daughter, she was thrilled that the couple had come around for dinner since she wanted to see them; she knew that they had missed the twins, while they had been gone since Cassidy always made sure to call when they were gone.

"It was beautiful," Cassidy said holding Leia on her lap as Fernando appeared holding Noah, the twins were nearly sixteen months old and were starting to become a bit of a hand full; it was the reason why Cassidy wasn't sure if they should truly be trying for a baby right now.

Andrea smiled looking between her daughter and her son-in-law, they looked so happy and she was pleased for them; this was all that she wanted for her daughters, for them to be happy.

"Nando had every day planned out for us... so we did as much as we could while we were there," Cassidy said smiling at her husband, who chuckled as he sat down next to her, she knew that she'd miss him while he was away playing in Brazil and she had a feeling that the coming season would be the most trying for him.

Andrea smiled as she nodded her head, she had seen how much work the footballer had put into organising the honeymoon while Cassidy had planned the wedding; he had wanted everything to be perfect for them and she was glad that they had enjoyed their time away.

"How were the twins?" Fernando asked sitting Noah on his lap, he pressed a kiss to his son's head as he glanced at Leia; he knew that they were going to be a handful for a while.

"They were perfect angels," Joseph said with a smile as he watched his eldest daughter, he was pleased to see how happy she was even after being married for two weeks.

The couple were clearly still very much in love and he was glad that at least one of his daughter's had found someone right for them.

Cassidy and Fernando raised an eyebrow at Joseph knowing that he was the most relaxed grandparent in the world and they didn't doubt he'd been feeding the twins sweets while they had been away on their honeymoon.

"Why do I find that hard to believe?" Cassidy teased looking at him, she knew that her father wasn't the type to be serious and he adored his three grandchildren; he loved to spoil them and Andrea was left to be the strict grandparent out of the two of them.

Fernando chuckled as Noah messed with his wedding ring, he rested his head against his son's knowing that he loved having the twins and he hoped that when Olalla returned from her own holiday that he would be able to see Nora and Leo; he missed them just as much as he had missed the twins.

"So come on... tell us more about Bora Bora," Joseph urged wrapping an arm around his wife's shoulder and looked at the family before him, he knew that the coming month was going to be tough when Fernando went to Brazil.

***

"When do you fly out to Brazil?" Cassidy asked while she sorted through her washing and put it into three piles, she huffed wondering why she had so many clothes; she couldn't even remember wearing most of them while she was away.

Fernando looked at his wife as she continued what she was doing, his heart lurched at the thought of leaving her and the twins behind as he played in the confederations cup; he wanted them with him but he knew that Vicente del Bosque wouldn't allow it.

"The day after tomorrow... I have to be in Recife before the match against the Uruguay," Fernando said watching Cassidy, he felt horrible that he had to do this but he knew that he would be calling her every night to speak with her and the children; he just wished that he could do the same for his eldest children.

The last thing that Fernando wanted was for Olalla to turn them against him, he knew that she was using them for a weapon and if things didn't change soon then he'd be taking her to court; he wasn't going to lose Nora and Leo just because she was jealous of his marriage to Cassidy.

"When do you fly out to join me?" Fernando asked as a smile formed on his face as he pushed away the bad thoughts, he wanted to focus on the positive before he left his family behind to play in the confederations cup; he knew that Cassidy wouldn't be there for the group stage matches.

"The 25th as long as you get through to the next stage," Cassidy said looking at Fernando, she offered him a smile knowing that she would support him as much as she could from home; she wanted to show him how much he meant to her.

Fernando nodded his head as he looked at her, he carefully moved to help her with her sorting and sat down next to her; he pressed a kiss to her lips, grateful that she was the one that he had married.

"We'll be fine," Cassidy reassured him knowing that he was worried about leaving her with the twins, she was glad that they'd had two weeks together after the wedding but now she wanted him to focus and show that he wasn't losing his edge.

Fernando nodded his head knowing that when he travelled to Brazil, he was going to make his wife and children proud of him.