Part Three - Chapter Eight: Time Together

Fernando grinned wrapping his arms around his wife’s waist and pressed himself against her back, he knew that they would be heading home soon and he was a little sad about it; he wished that he could spend more time with her.

Cassidy smiled feeling him kiss her neck, she knew what he was thinking about and she had to admit that it had also crossed her mind; they wanted to expand their family and the brunette was thrilled at the idea of having more children.

“Nando,” Cassidy warned as he nipped at her neck, she knew where this was going and they hadn’t been left their villa all day and she wanted to enjoy the sun while she could; the brunette turned to face Fernando, who quickly moved to kiss her lips.

Fernando grinned as he held her close, he loved that he had Cassidy to himself and with all the activities that they had been doing; he was glad to have a bit of a break while he could.

“Why don’t we go back to bed,” Fernando suggested slowly starting to pull Cassidy back into the villa and off the balcony, he knew what he wanted and he was glad that they were both on the same page for this and he hoped that it would happen soon.

Cassidy rolled her eyes as she kissed her husband, she wasn’t sure why he was so determined for it to happen now; they had two one year olds at home and Fernando had a three year old and a two year old with Olalla to think about as well.

“When I said I wanted another baby… I didn’t mean right this second,” Cassidy joked wrapping her arms around Fernando’s neck making him grin; he kissed her soundly knowing that he couldn’t help himself.

***

“What do you think we’ll have?” Fernando asked watching Cassidy, he hadn’t been able to take his eyes off of her since they had stepped outside of their villa and headed for lunch together at one of the local restaurants.

Cassidy rolled her eyes, she was glad that he was excited by the idea of having another child; she adored being a mother to the twins and by extension now step-mother to Nora and Leo, she just wasn’t sure about when would be a good time for them to have another right now.

“I don’t mind… I’m just unsure if now is the right time to have one,” Cassidy admitted, she had told him her fears before and he understood especially since they hadn’t been expecting having twins when she had last fallen pregnant.

Cassidy didn’t want to be stuck with two sets of twins that she couldn’t cope with, she loved being a mother and she didn’t want anything to ruin that for her; she would do anything for Leia and Noah and she could wait a couple of months before she fell pregnant again.

Fernando took her hand and pressed a kiss to it, he knew that she was nervous and he didn’t blame her; however the idea of having another child with Cassidy was exciting to him and he couldn’t wait to have at least one or two more with her.

“It’ll be fine you know… I would be there for every step,” Fernando said trying to ease her nerves, Cassidy was worried and he didn’t blame her for how she felt and he was sure that everything would be alright when they did become parents again.

Cassidy nodded her head, she smiled at him knowing that he would and when the time came everything would be fine; she just hoped that things would work out well for them.

“What about you?” Cassidy asked pulling her hand back and moved to pick up her drink, she watched Fernando as he grinned at the thought of what they would have next; he loved being a father and he knew that he wanted to have more children.

Fernando shrugged as he looked at her, he wasn’t sure what he wanted and he knew that he had four children already; he had two beautiful daughters and two handsome sons, he didn’t mind what he had next.

“I don’t mind as long as you and the baby are okay,” Fernando said remembering what had happened when she’d had the twins; he had been frightened that he would lose her and he didn’t want that to happened, not when everything was going so well right now for them.

Cassidy smiled as she moved take his hand again, she knew that the twins’ birth had been a shock for the both of them but everything had worked out in the end.

***

Fernando watched his wife sleep as he thought about having more children, he knew that it could take a while for her to fall pregnant again or it could happen straight away; either way he didn’t mind.

Fernando had always wanted a big family and he was sure that having one or two more children, would be fine for him and Cassidy; he would make sure that everything would be okay.

“Te amo,” Fernando whispered drawing his wife closer as he thought about the past twenty-seven months and how his life had really changed since Cassidy had come into it; he knew that he would never trade anything for the moments that he had shared with her.

“I love you too,” Cassidy murmured opening her eyes and looked up at her husband, she smiled up at him knowing that he hadn’t suspected that she was awake; she enjoyed listening to his heartbeat as they lay in bed.

“I thought you were a sleep, we have a long day tomorrow,” Fernando murmured as he pressed a kiss to the top of her head, he ran a hand down her back knowing that they were going on a yacht the next day to Tupitipiti Point so that they could go diving.

Cassidy rolled her brown eyes as she sat up a little bit and looked at him, she could tell that there was something on his mind; she worried what he could be thinking about this late at night.

“What’s bothering you?” Cassidy asked watching him, she knew that they had been talking about their future together a lot recently and she couldn’t help but think that maybe something had bothered him.

Fernando sighed looking at her, he knew that she had already told him that she would follow him wherever his career took him and they were talking about having more children; the footballer just couldn’t shake the feeling that there was trouble ahead when they returned to London.

“It’s nothing… just thinking about the future,” Fernando said shaking his head, he was just being silly since Andrea had told them that everything was fine back at home; even his own mother had said that apart from a little trouble from Olalla, everything had been fine.

Cassidy looked at him concerned as she took his hand and laced their fingers, she wanted him to know that he could share anything with her; she was his wife and she would always be there for him.

“If something were to happen to you… I would never forgive myself,” Fernando whispered making Cassidy blink and look at him, she stared wondering what had made him think like that; she shook her head and leant forward and kissed him wishing to ease his mind in any way possible.