Part One - Chapter Twenty: Media Interest

Cassidy sighed noticing the media circus that was situated outside of the apartment building, she knew that they all wanted a glimpse of Fernando now that he was divorcing Olalla.

Cassidy shook her head moving away from the window, she knew that they had no idea that he was living with her. Olalla was trying everything to get Fernando back and when that didn’t work she was trying to hurt him in any way that she could.

Of course, the reason behind their divorce hadn’t stayed secret for long and everyone had been shocked that Olalla had cheated on Fernando and then had tried to trick him into raising the other man’s baby.

“They’re still down there,” Cassidy mused turning to look at Fernando, she was thirteen weeks pregnant and Fernando was thrilled that she had started to develop a small bump and he was doing everything in his power to help her.

Cassidy had been a little shocked when she had found out that Fernando had told his family about her, she hadn’t been sure that it was a good idea especially since she had slept with him while he was married to Olalla.

So Cassidy was a little surprised when Fernando told her that his family were thrilled that he had found himself someone that made him so happy, they were even pleased to hear that the couple were expecting; Flori even demanded that Cassidy come to see them for the holidays, so she could met her.

“They’re just looking for a story,” Fernando said rolling his eyes, he was doing his best to protect Cassidy and he hoped that all the media attention would die down before they discovered that Fernando had been with the brunette for nearly eight months.

“Hopefully they’ll get bored soon,” Fernando mused moving towards his girlfriend and wrapped his arms around her, his lips brushing against her neck as he drew her close.

Cassidy was wearing a nude jumper with rolled back sleeves and blue skinny jeans with ripped knee paired with burgundy leather ankle boots since the two still had to go to work yet; it was starting to get a little chilly and Cassidy was doing her best to protect her bump.

“When are you going to tell your parents?” Fernando asked looking at Cassidy, he knew that he was being needy but he didn’t like that she hadn’t even told her parents that she was pregnant yet; they wouldn’t be pleased to hear that she’d had an affair with a married man.

Cassidy sighed looking at her boyfriend, she knew that she had to tell her parents but she wasn’t sure how to break the news to them; they were currently busy preparing for her sister’s wedding in December and she didn’t want to worry them about this.

Cassidy also knew that they would want to know why she had gotten involved with a married man that had a family.

“Soon… I’ll do it before my sister’s wedding,” Cassidy said making Fernando sigh pulling away from his girlfriend, he knew that she was trying to hold off on this but he wanted their families to be prepared in case the media did discover their relationship.

***

Juan grinned bouncing towards Cassidy after she climbed out of her car, he had finally made his peace with Fernando after the footballer had handed Olalla the divorce papers, and he was pleased that his friend had chosen Cassidy.

“So how are you?” Juan asked walking into the training ground, Fernando was already there since he had left early so no one got suspicious about their relationship; though the couple had a feeling that most of the team knew about it.

“I’m good… morning sickness is dying off,” Cassidy said running her fingers through her hair, she shivered as the cold wind blew down at them as they hurried into the building; she sighed knowing that this winter was going to be a cold one.

“That’s good,” Juan replied with a smile on his face, he knew that she wouldn’t talk to him about her relationship with Fernando; things had been going well for the couple in the last two weeks and he hoped that Olalla would divorced Fernando soon so the couple could be together without having to worry.

Juan quickly headed into the locker room while Cassidy headed off to the stands so that she could make notes for the show; she knew that she needed to focus on her career if she wanted to stay at the club.

“Hola Fernando,” Juan greeted approaching his locker which was next to his fellow Spaniard’s, he smiled as he set down his bag while Fernando finished getting ready; the two didn’t really discuss the fact that Fernando was dating Cassidy even if it seemed like most of the others knew.

“Hola,” Fernando replied as he looked at his friend, he flashed him a smile as he pulled on his jersey, he wanted nothing more than to see his girlfriend before he started training; a couple of his other team-mates glanced at one another as if waiting for something to be said.

“For the love of God… let’s talk about the elephant in the room, Torres how long have you been with Cassidy?” Didier Drogba asked making Fernando look at him surprised, he glanced around as everyone seemed to stop what they were doing and looked at him.

Frank smiled at him reassuringly, he might have been against the idea in the beginning but he was pleased to see that his friends were both happy again after their disasters of relationships; Fernando’s wife had cheated on him while Cassidy had been in an abusive relationship.

“We started back in March just before my birthday,” Fernando said finally admitted that he was seeing someone, he watched as a couple of his team-mates swapped money as if they’d been betting on this while others congratulated him.

***

“The team knows about us,” Fernando said softly stopping next to Cassidy, she looked up at him stunned as she glanced around at some of the other players; she wasn’t sure how she felt about them knowing.

Cassidy had hoped that Fernando would keep things quiet until after his divorced, she didn’t want to be blamed for the breakdown in his marriage; she’d had an affair and ended up pregnant.

“It’s okay,” Fernando reassured her, he offered her a small smile knowing that he couldn’t touch her while they were out in the open; they couldn’t be seen to be intimate until his divorce was finalised.

Cassidy nodded her head briefly, she sighed looking down at her notebook and chewed on her pen as she tried to focus on what she had been doing.

“Will they keep it a secret?” Cassidy asked looking over the pitch, she didn’t wish for anyone to know that she was dating Fernando while there was a media circus following him; Fernando knowing what she was worried about.

“They know to keep this quiet, I would never have told them otherwise,” Fernando said reassuring her, he offered her a small smile before he moved away so that he could train.

Cassidy sighed resting a hand carefully on her stomach, she bit her lip as she watched him go knowing that she needed to tell her parents before it was too late.

Cassidy didn’t know what would happen next but she was going to have to tell her family sooner or later.