Part One - Chapter Twenty-Five: Going Public

“Are you sure about this?” Cassidy asked looking at Fernando, she was seventeen weeks pregnant and she didn’t really want to be splashed on the front of every newspaper in the country; however she knew that it wasn’t really an option.

Fernando had dropped the bombshell that he had moved on with his life and was expecting a baby with his new girlfriend and since then everyone had wanted a piece of the new couple and a picture of the bump.

“It’ll be fine… we’re just having lunch,” Fernando said kissing her, he ran his fingers through her hair making Cassidy roll her eyes as she looked up at him; she knew that he wanted to show her off, even if most of the country thought that she was some sort of gold-digger.

Fernando knew that none of this was easy for her, he had hoped that with his explanation of what had happened would make this a little easier but it didn’t stop the backlash that had caused and the media only seemed to be making it worse.

“Can’t we just stay in?” Cassidy asked smiling up at her boyfriend, she knew that she would rather hide from the world for a little longer; she had been lucky since Chelsea hadn’t fired her over her relationship with Fernando, but she knew that they weren’t happy about it.

Fernando chuckled kissing her lips and shook his head, he knew what she was trying to do and he wasn’t about to allow her to spend her life hiding away.

“Nope,” Fernando said pulling away from her so that he could get ready to go out, he watched as pouting before she climbed off the couch and she padded into their bedroom so that she could get ready to go out.

***

Fernando laced his fingers with Cassidy’s as they walked down the street, the footballer ignoring the calls of the paparazzi who had followed them from their apartment to the restaurant where they were having lunch.

Cassidy was surprised at how cold it was for November and she was glad that she had put on her camel hooded coat before she had left, not only did it block the cameras view of her ever expanding stomach but it was keeping her warm.

“You warm enough?” Fernando asked drawing her close, he knew that she was starting to feel the cold more as her pregnancy went on and he didn’t want her catching a cold while she was pregnant with his child.

Cassidy nodded her head as they quickly stepped into the restaurant, she knew that Fernando wasn’t going to take things well if someone said something to her; he wanted to protect her even if they were public about their relationship now.

“We have a reservation,” Fernando said to the hostess who seemed shocked at the sight of Fernando Torres and his new girlfriend in the restaurant where she worked; she nodded her head as she quickly checked the book in front of her before she started to led him to their table.

Cassidy nibbled her lip as she allowed Fernando to led her towards the table, she was aware that a couple of people were staring at her and she tried to ignore it.

“The waiter will be over in a moment to take your order,” the hostess said glancing between the couple while Cassidy rolled her eyes as she removed her coat; she ignored the hostess stared at her bump before she took her seat next to Fernando.

“See that wasn’t so bad,” Fernando said pulling off his jacket, he smiled at his girlfriend knowing that it was going to take some getting used to know that they weren’t hiding anymore; he liked the fact that they could eat out now alone without having to have someone with them.

Cassidy raised an eyebrow at him as he smiled at her, he was pleased with how things were going; even if his marriage to Olalla still hadn’t end, she knew that it was only a matter of time before the other woman signed the papers.

Cassidy was wearing a blue and white loose striped T-shirt and denim distressed skinny jeans paired with black heeled ankle boots for their lunch date and she knew that a couple of people were looking at her pregnancy bump as if surprised that she was in fact pregnant.

“So what do you want?” Fernando asked ignoring the looks that people were giving them, he knew that this would be all over the papers and internet later and he had a feeling that everyone would be talking about the couple.

***

“So my sister’s wedding is in two weeks and I was wondering if you would come with me?” Cassidy asked looking at Fernando, she watched him as he looked up from the laptop where he was checking out how people felt about their relationship; they were already talking about his change in attitude because of Cassidy.

Fernando stared at his girlfriend of eight months, he couldn’t believe that she was asking him to come to her sister’s wedding with her; this would be the first social event that they would attend as an official couple and he was a little nervous.

“Cassandra is getting married the 19th of December and I would like it if you came with me… you already know my parents and we fly out the 23rd to see your parents,” Cassidy said watching at him hopefully, she knew that he didn’t have any football matches around that time and they were only going to see his parents for a couple of days.

Fernando set down the laptop, he could see that she was nervous and he didn’t blame her, she was asking him to take a big step and she knew that everyone was going to be talking about this.

“Okay,” Fernando said nodding his head, his brown eyes watching her amused as he pulled her close and kissed her lips; she was going to be twenty-one weeks pregnant when they were going to be attending the wedding.

“So are we going to do the whole matching thing? You know my tie matching your dress,” Fernando teased making Cassidy roll her eyes amused as she kissed him, her fingers trailing through his brown hair that now reached the tops of his shoulders while Fernando rested a hand on her bump.

“I love you,” Cassidy said looking deep into her boyfriend’s eyes, she wasn’t sure what she would have done if he’d said no; she allowed him to kiss her again, his fingers brushing through her hair.

“Te amo,” Fernando said pulling back slightly, he was a little nervous about the idea of the wedding but he knew that he couldn’t allow the media to ruin his relationship; he was going to go no matter what happened.

“I love it when you talk Spanish to me,” Cassidy said without thinking, she paused as she realised what she had said and blushed slightly as Fernando smiled up at her.

Cassidy ducked her head as Fernando chuckled as he ran his fingers through her hair, he knew that she was a little embarrassed that she had said that out loud.

“I love speaking español to you,” Fernando said brushing his lips against hers, while he tilted her head up so that he could see her face again; he grinned knowing that everything was going to be okay before he kissed her again.

Fernando was sure that Olalla would get the message now that he wasn’t going to take her back; he was happy and was expecting a baby with Cassidy.