Part Three - Chapter Thirteen: Reunited in Brazil

Fernando frowned hearing someone knocking on the door to his hotel room, he leant into the sink as he listened for a moment as he held his tooth brush; he groaned as he realised that Sergio had gone out.

Fernando huffed padding out of the bathroom, he wiped his mouth on the back of his hand wondering who could be knocking; he hoped it wasn’t Olalla since he didn’t want to spend time with her when his wife would be flying in later that night.

Fernando glanced at the clock as he counted down the hours until Cassidy arrived with the twins; she had a late flight out and he wished that she could be with him sooner.

Opening the door, Fernando stared shocked as he was greeted by the excited squeals of the twins; Leia and Noah hurried forward to hug their father while Cassidy stood back and watched.

Fernando dropped down onto his knees and hugged the twins close, he truly couldn’t believe that they were with him now; he held them close as he looked at his wife, he was thrilled that they had flown out earlier.

“Not that I’m complaining but do you often open your hotel room door to strangers like this,” Cassidy said as crossing her arms, she smiled as she stared at her topless husband; he was wearing a set of low hung sweat pants and clearly hadn’t been expecting company.

Fernando smiled looking at her, he could tell that there was something off with his wife and he knew she’d tell him when she was ready; he eyed her concerned just glad that she was with him now.

Fernando allowed her into his hotel suit as he looked at the twins, he couldn’t believe that it had been two weeks since he had last seen them; it didn’t feel that long now that he had them back with him.

***

“How are you?” Fernando asked once the twins were settled down for a much needed nap, it allowed him to focus on his wife and find out what was wrong; he turned his full attention to Cassidy who smiled at him.

Cassidy was wearing an orange vest with floral beading and embellishment and dark navy turn up shorts paired with orange floral print heeled ankle boots; she watched him knowing that he had picked up on the fact that she was feeling a little sick.

“I’m fine,” Cassidy reassured him, she watched him as he closed the bedroom door and approached her; he wanted to know what was going on and what she was hiding from him.

Cassidy knew he wasn’t going to let this go until he knew that what was going on, however that was also the moment her morning sickness decided to kick in.

Cassidy raised a finger to her husband to signal for him to wait before she hurried into the bathroom and threw up; Fernando was quickly on her heel and pulled her hair out of the way.

Fernando rubbed her back tenderly as he flushed the toilet once she had finished, he waited for a moment before Cassidy rested her head against the cold toilet seat.

“I’ll call one of the medics,” Fernando said concerned as he moved to push himself to his feet, he didn’t like the idea that she wasn’t well while she was in Brazil.

Fernando hoped that this was just some bug that she had picked up and not a serious illness, he would never forgive himself if something happened to her because of him; she had come to Brazil to support him and for no other reason.

“I’m fine… you don’t need to do that,” Cassidy said stopping him, she was going to have to tell him what was going on; she was sure he would be thrilled with the news that she was going to give him.

Fernando frowned as he watched his wife push herself to her feet, he quickly rested a hand on her arm as he steadied her in case she fell; he eyed her concerned as she smiled at him, she had something in her bag that he would recognise.

“Cass?” Fernando asked concerned his eyes filled with worry as she moved away from him, he didn’t like this for a moment and he wished that he knew what was going on.

Cassidy pressed a kiss to his cheek before she walked back into the main part of the suit and collected her beige perforated messenger bag; she opened it to search for the pregnancy test that she had brought with her while Fernando watched her concerned.

“I wanted to surprise you,” Cassidy said pulling the test from her bag, she smiled as she watched his brown eyes snap to it; she knew that he knew what it was, even if he hadn’t been there when she learnt she was expecting the twins.

Fernando carefully moved towards his wife, his eyes locked on the test in her hands as he tried to wrap his head around the information before him.

“I’m pregnant,” Cassidy said making Fernando grin before he pulled his wife into a kiss, he couldn’t believe what he was hearing; he was thrilled that they were going to have another baby.

***

“I can’t believe it,” Fernando whispered resting a hand on Cassidy’s still very flat tummy, he grinned to himself knowing when it had happened; the brunette was four weeks pregnant and he couldn’t have been happier.

Cassidy nodded her head as she smiled at him, she knew that this was what he had wanted and she couldn’t have been happier herself; she knew that she didn’t want too many children and with this one all of Fernando’s children would be under the age of five.

“Are you okay to be here?” Fernando asked as a thought occurred to him, he knew that women couldn’t fly in the last stage of pregnancy but he wasn’t sure about the first; he didn’t like the idea of something happening to the baby.

Cassidy nodded her head resting a hand on Fernando’s, she knew he was going to be super protective of her and she had to admit that it was nice to have him like that; there had been problems when she was first pregnant with the twins and they hadn’t really been together.

“I checked with the doctor, I’m okay to fly,” Cassidy said knowing that he would worry, she didn’t blame him for being a little nervous even she knew that it was still only the early stages of pregnancy and anything could happen.

Cassidy looked at her husband as he brushed him fingers against her stomach, a smile forming on his face as he remembered how big she had gotten when she had been pregnant with the twins.

“If it’s another set of twins… I will kill you,” Cassidy threatened making Fernando chuckle, twins didn’t ruin in her family but they did run in his and they had been surprised when Cassidy had given birth to Noah.

Fernando leant forward and pressed a kiss to his wife’s lips, he knew that he would love the child no matter what it was he just hoped that it was healthy.

The sound of Sergio returning made the couple pull apart, they knew it would be a while before they were truly alone; however they didn’t mind the wait since it would be worth it when it happened. Sergio looked at the couple, he was happy that his friend was finally settling down like this.