Part Three - Chapter Six: Flying to Los Angeles

“So we are going to LA?” Cassidy asked curiously as the couple walked away from the check-in desk, she allowed Fernando to wrap an arm around her and nod his head; he still hadn’t told her that their final destination was Bora Bora.

Fernando was sure that his wife would enjoy their two week break away from the children; he would miss them but couldn’t remember the last time that they’d had a long holiday where it was just the two of them.

“Nando,” Cassidy whined as she realised that he was keeping something from her, she pouted making him chuckle as he kissed her briefly; he knew that she hated surprises but this was something that he knew that she would enjoy.

“Relax amor… you’ll like the surprise,” Fernando said approaching the metal detectors, he grinned as the brunette unshouldered her tan hobo bag so that she could put anything in her pockets inside; she glanced at Fernando knowing that he had things in his own bag.

Cassidy was wearing a white sleeve pretty lace top and destroyed denim shorts paired with black trainers for their flight to their honeymoon; the brunette hadn’t known where they were going until now and she was looking forward to spending some time in the sun with her new husband.

“Will you tell me soon?” Cassidy asked making Fernando chuckle and nod his head, he kissed her one more time before he set his bag onto the x-ray belt so that it could be scanned.

Fernando grinned as he walked through the metal detector, he groaned as he was signalled to the side for a pat down making Cassidy laugh softly.

***

Fernando laced his fingers with Cassidy’s as they walked onto the plane, he knew that he was going to have to tell her soon where they were really going on their honeymoon; there would be no hiding it when they landed.

“After you,” Fernando said allowing his wife to sit next to the window, he smiled watching her knowing that he would not trade this moment for the world; the only thing that bothered him was when they returned he would be working under José Mourinho.

Fernando had only heard bad things about the incoming Portuguese manager from his friends on the Real Madrid team and it made him unease to work with Mourinho since he knew that after what had happened in Spain that the next few months were going to be a little difficult.

“It’ll be okay you know,” Cassidy said as Fernando sat down next to her, she took his hand knowing that he was worried about the coming season; Mourinho would make some dramatic changes to the team and there was no doubt that there would be a transfer spree coming up.

“I know… I just worry,” Fernando said smiling weakly at his wife knowing that he couldn’t think about all of this now, he wanted to focus on his honeymoon; his career could wait two weeks while he enjoyed time with his wife.

Cassidy smiled softly as she leant across and kissed the Spaniard, she knew that they could worry about this later; Cassidy would do anything for Fernando, even if it meant them moving from their home of one and a half years in London.

“Cass… what would you do if we were forced to move?” Fernando asked looking at her worried, there was a chance that the new manager wouldn’t want anyone around; but he didn’t want to risk costing her, her new job.

“Then I’ll follow you anywhere that I need to,” Cassidy said reassuringly, she didn’t care where he would transfer to and what would happen; this was her life and she had known that they would have to move for his career when she had married him.

Fernando sighed in relief, he was glad that she was willing to move for him unlike Olalla who had complained bitterly when he had moved from Atlético Madrid to Liverpool; she hadn’t understood that this was his career.

“I love you Nando… and I wouldn’t have married you if I wasn’t prepared to move a little,” Cassidy said knowing that he had moved twice in his career and one of them had been to save his marriage to Olalla; she was sort of grateful that he had even if he hadn’t wanted to because the transfer had brought him into his life.

Fernando kissed his wife knowing that she was right as the flight prepared to take off, he wasn’t sure where they could end up if he did leave Chelsea but he didn’t care as long as he had her and the children by his side.

“Yo quiero mucho,” Fernando said making Cassidy blush, he knew what talking Spanish did to her and he loved the colour that she went when he spoke to her in his native language; it was one of the things that he loved about her.

***

“You’re kidding,” Cassidy said staring at Fernando stopping to stretch and wondered if she had heard him right; the footballer chuckled as he shook his head as they sat in Los Angeles LAX waiting for their next flight.

Fernando sat next to his wife knowing that she hadn’t been expecting this, they still had another flight to Papeete before their final flight to Bora Bora.

“Nope we are having our honeymoon in Bora Bora for two weeks,” Fernando said taking her hand and pressed a kiss to it, he couldn’t wait for them to arrive; it was a long trip from London to Bora Bora that would be lasting over thirty-eight hours.

Cassidy sat quietly staring at him, she hadn’t been expecting him to fly her around the world for their honeymoon; she was thrilled at the idea but she would have been just as happy if they were coming to Los Angeles for their honeymoon.

“Don’t look at me like that… I want to treat you to something special before I head off to play in the confederations cup in Brazil,” Fernando said knowing what she was thinking.

Fernando kissed her softly as he heard the next part of their flight was called; he grinned as he pulled back knowing that he would do anything to make this honeymoon special.

Olalla had organised his first honeymoon where they had spent a week in New York; she had dragged him shopping the entire time and he hadn’t had much rest before he had signed for Liverpool.

“Come on,” Fernando said making Cassidy roll her eyes as she collected her bag and shouldered it before she took her husband’s hand; she could see just how excited he was about them having some alone time and Cassidy couldn’t wait for them to check into the private villa that Fernando had organised for them to stay in.

“So what do you have planned for our honeymoon?” Cassidy asked curiously allowing Fernando to pull her close; he wrapped an arm around her as they walked towards the terminal as a smile formed on his face.

Fernando had everything planned for their time alone and he was sure that Cassidy would enjoy what he wanted them to do.

Cassidy looked up at her husband knowing that he had something still up his sleeve and she hoped that the honeymoon would take his mind off work for a while.