Part Three - Chapter Sixteen: A Little Alone Time

Cassidy smiled to herself as she did lengths of the swimming pool, they were currently staying at the house that Fernando now recently bought in Madrid; he had wanted a home in Madrid again after he had sold his last one as part of his divorce with Olalla two years ago.

Cassidy was five weeks pregnant and while they were enjoying an eight day holiday before they headed back to London for the start of the new football season and so Cassidy could start her new job.

Fernando sat down at the edge of the pool and watched his wife, a smile on his face glad that they could have time together while the twins were with his parents; they had insisted on having the twins for the afternoon since they didn’t get to see them that often.

Fernando watched his wife as she stopped what she was doing, Cassidy brushed some of her wet hair from her face; she was wearing a magenta triangle bra bikini top and bottoms for her swim.

“The twins okay?” Cassidy asked watching Fernando peel off his shirt and throw it to the side before he climbed into the pool to join her; they were grateful that his parents had taken the twins since they hadn’t had time to celebrate the fact they were having another baby.

Fernando wrapped his arms around his wife and drew her closer, his head ducking down so that he could kiss her; he knew that this year was going to be trying for him and he wasn’t going to allow him to cause trouble for his marriage.

“They’re fine,” Fernando reassured pulling back slightly, his hand moving to rest on her still flight stomach; he couldn’t believe that they were having another baby.

Cassidy grinned wrapping her arms around him, she knew that he was still wrapping his head around the fact that they were having a baby.

***

Fernando smiled kissing down Cassidy’s neck as the lounged around in the sun, it was nicer than any day back in London and the footballer knew that if he were to ever leave Chelsea then he would want to return to Atlético Madrid.

“Do you like it here?” Fernando asked looking at his wife, he brushed some hair from her neck as they relaxed in the hot July summer sun; he ducked his head down and kissed her neck gently, his eyes watching her face.

Cassidy watched him with a soft smile, she knew that he’d been thinking about his career a lot recently and she knew that a couple of his friends had told him all about José Mourinho; none of it had been pleasant and the brunette knew her husband was worried about what would happen.

“I do,” Cassidy said trailing a hand down her flat stomach, his fingers brushed carefully against the exposed skin; his lips brushed against her neck again enjoying the quiet knowing they wouldn’t get any private time when they returned to London with the twins.

Fernando breathed through his nose pulling back completely from his wife, he knew that they had talked about the future but he needed to know that she would stay with him; even he knew that Mourinho would want to rebuild the club and he didn’t know if he had a place there anymore.

“I have told you before Nando… whatever happens, I will follow you to the end of the Earth if I have to,” Cassidy said running her fingers through his hair, it had started to grow again and the brunette was a little disappointed that he had dyed it brown again even if he did still look handsome.

“I know… I just needed to be sure,” Fernando said closing his eyes making Cassidy smile looking at his face, she had to admit that his freckles always brought a smile to her face; her hand carefully reached up so she could touch his cheek that had freckles dusted all over it.

Fernando opened his brown eyes looking at his wife, he tilted his head as he looked at her; he knew she had developed a liking for his freckles lately and he knew that he didn’t mind that she seemed fascinated with them.

“Amor,” Fernando said as her fingers brushed against his check and down his neck, he shivered as her fingers moved curiously to rest on the side of his neck at the base and brushed against the small bunch of freckles that were scattered over his shoulders.

Cassidy smiled softly knowing that she was the only one that could do that to him, she sat up a little as her eyes curiously watched her husband; Cassidy opened her mouth to say something when his mobile started to ring.

Fernando groaned pulling himself away from Cassidy wondering who could be calling him, he offered an apology to his wife as he moved to answer it; he frowned as he reached for his mobile to see that it was his agent.

Cassidy watched him go as she sat up, she ran a hand through her damp hair knowing that it would have to be something important; everyone knew that Fernando was on holiday right now and they had enjoyed the silence of the last few days.

***

Cassidy looked up at her husband as he returned from the house, her eyes looking at him concerned at the look on his face; she could tell that whatever had happened had taken him by surprise.

“Nando?” Cassidy asked pushing herself to his feet as he sat on the patio, she could tell that he had been disturbed by what had been said and it worried her; she knew that Mourinho would revamp the entire squad and that was where his fear lay.

Fernando ran a hand through his short hair as Cassidy sat down beside him, he knew that he had to talk about what his agent had called to tell him and he couldn’t help but wonder what she would think.

“That was my agent… Atlético Madrid have made Chelsea an offer for me, Mourinho says that the decision is mine,” Fernando revealed making Cassidy blink as she looked at her husband, she was a little surprised that this was happening right now.

Fernando had been at Chelsea for two years now and she knew that things hadn’t gone as expected for him, he had cost the club £50 million and he hadn’t made the impact that he had expected; that was many down to what had forced the move in the first place.

Olalla had been the one that had insisted that Fernando move to London and he hadn’t wanted to go in the first place; the best thing that had happened because of the transfer was the fact that he had meet Cassidy.

Cassidy took a deep breath as she looked at him, she knew that he was confused but she didn’t want to force him to do something that he didn’t want to do; she would support him whatever he decided.

“The decision is yours… whatever you decide,” Cassidy said reassuring him, she didn’t care about the job that she was due to start in a matter of weeks; she’d cancel on them if it meant that Fernando was happy.

Fernando looked at his wife as she smiled at him, he knew she wouldn’t make this decision for him and he was grateful for that; he just didn’t know what he was going to do.

Atlético Madrid was his childhood club and he had been captain of the club before he had transferred to Liverpool and now the offer was on the table; he wasn’t sure what he wanted to do.