Part Three - Chapter Twenty-Three: Speaking with Fernando

Cassidy smiled gratefully at Flori as the woman fussed around her, she knew that her husband would never think to ask his own parents if they had seen her; she wanted some time to herself and Flori had demanded that Cassidy come and stay with her and her husband for a while.

Carmen had been worried for her son for a while and after seeing what he had done during the Tottenham Hotspur match.

Flori had been appalled at what her son had done during that match, so when she had received the call from Cassidy about what she was going to do she knew what she was going to do to help the brunette.

“How are you feeling this morning?” Flori asked knowing that her daughter-in-law had come to Madrid to relax, she had been upset to learn that Cassidy’s blood pressure had been dangerously high and she hadn’t been looking after herself very well.

Cassidy nodded her head resting a hand on her bump, she was seventeen weeks pregnant and grateful that Flori was helping her; her mother-in-law had been the pushing force in Cassidy relaxing and focusing on herself for once.

“I feel good,” Cassidy said knowing that in the week since she had last seen Fernando, she had had a lot of time to think about her marriage and she hoped that he missed her as much as she missed him.

Flori smiled setting down a healthy breakfast in front of Cassidy, it was only at the brunette’s insistence that she hadn’t told Fernando off.

Cassidy had been insistent that Fernando didn’t know where she was and for him to not find out that her doctor had ordered her to take a relaxing holiday.

“Are you going to call him soon? I heard from David that he is worried sick about you,” Flori asked leaning against the kitchen counter and watched Cassidy, she knew what the brunette was doing and she hoped that Fernando had learnt his lesson.

“I don’t know…” Cassidy said looking down at her bump, Fernando deserved to know that she hadn’t been well; it was a risk to their unborn child but she couldn’t bring herself to speak to him right now.

Flori sighed the past week had been hard on the couple, they had never been apart like this before and Fernando would be kicking himself for what had happened.

“David says that he is a mess, call him Cassidy… if not for him then for the baby,” Flori said knowing that her son would have a lot of grovelling to do if he wanted his wife to forgive him; she had been horrified when Cassidy had told her what her youngest son had been up to while he had been in London.

Cassidy took a deep breath and nodded her head, she knew that Flori was right and that she had to tell Fernando what was going on; she might want to make him suffer right now but he was the baby’s father.

Flori smiled knowing that Cassidy would do the right thing, she admired the grey knitted swing dress with V-neck paired with white plimsoll trainers that her daughter-in-law was wearing knowing that she would soon be wearing maternity clothes again.

***

Fernando grumbled annoyed attempting to find his mobile, he ignored the looks that Pomo and Llanta offered him as he tried to reach his phone; he had the day off since he wasn’t going to be playing in the next match.

“Hola?” Fernando said wondering who could be calling him, he was having a quiet day since Cassandra had taken the twins to see their grandparents; he had been asked not to visit Joseph and Andrea’s home until he sorted things out with Cassidy.

Fernando sat up quickly as he was greeted by the voice of his wife, it had been an entire week since he had last spoken with her and he couldn’t believe she had called him.

“Cassidy?” Fernando said as his hand instinctively went to her wedding ring which sat around his neck on a chain, he had to convince her to come home; his heartbeat wildly knowing that he had been an idiot.

Fernando ran a hand over his short hair, he didn’t know what he could say to make things right between them; he just wanted her to come home to him.

“I am so sorry Cassidy,” Fernando said this was the best place to start, he had treated her terribly and Cassandra’s words had only served to worry him; he didn’t want to lose his family.

Fernando messed with Cassidy’s ring wondering how to convince his wife to come home to him, he didn’t know where she was and it scared him about who she could be with.

“Por favor come home,” Fernando pleaded clutching the phone to his ear, he was listening for anything that could tell him where she was; he would missing training and go to her if he knew where she was.

Fernando frowned as he listened to Cassidy tell him that she couldn’t come home yet, he knew that there was something that she wasn’t telling him and it worried him.

“Cass por favor,” Fernando said needing to know, he had heard that she’d had high blood pressure but there was more to it; something had happened and no one was telling him what it was.

Cassidy sighed down the phone at him, it was as if she knew what he was asking; he needed to know but telling him would only make things more real.

Cassidy slowly started to explain what the doctor had told her when she had visited him before she had left, she was careful not to leave anything out and Fernando needed to know what was going on and why she had finally snapped.

“Amor,” Fernando whispered when Cassidy had finished, his heart aching about all of the hurt that he had caused her; he hadn’t known that she had been told to relax or be put on bed rest because her blood pressure was so high it was harming not only their baby but her as well.

“Lo siento,” Fernando said hating himself even more, he had never thought that Cassidy was suffering and he felt that things could have gone so much worst and he wouldn’t have even noticed.

Fernando blinked back tears knowing that he needed to be with his wife, he needed to get away from London and be with her right now; he didn’t even care that Mourinho wouldn’t allow this.

“Where are you?” Fernando asked desperately, he had been patient and had listened to all that she had to say to him about his behaviour and now he wanted to know where she was; he couldn’t stay here without her now that he knew.

Fernando got to his feet as he moved passed his two dogs and hurried up the stairs to pack a bag, he would be with Cassidy as soon as he could; he didn’t care if he just got in his car and started to search for her.

“Cass por favor… I need to see you, I need to make things right,” Fernando pleaded starting to pack a bag, he worked quickly with one hand knowing that the twins would be fine with Cassandra for a while; he trusted his sister-in-law to keep them safe until he and Cassidy got back.

Fernando just hoped that he could make things right with Cassidy and he knew what he needed to fix the damage that he had caused.

“I’m in Madrid with your parents,” Cassidy revealed after a few moments, there was no way that she could deny him this; she had a feeling that one way or another he would be at her side.