Part Three - Chapter Twenty-One: Drastic Measures

Cassidy stared speechlessly watching the replay of what had just happened, her stomach clenched knowing that the man on the screen couldn't be her husband; there was no way that Fernando would do something like that.

Cassidy felt bile fill her mouth as she wondered what on earth he had been thinking, she closed her eyes as she rested her hand on her bump; she felt tears burn her eyes knowing that things had drastically gone downhill in the last two weeks.

Cassidy was suddenly glad that the twins hadn't been watching the match, she didn't know how to explain what her husband had done if they had.

Fernando was playing in the match against Tottenham Hotspur and Cassidy hadn't been able to wrap her head around what had just happened; it had made her feel sick to watch her partner of two years and six months smile as he scratched another player in the face.

Shaking her head in disgust, Cassidy turned off the television and took a deep breath as she pushed herself to her feet and moved to check on the twins; Pomo and Llanta followed her as she tried to think of what she could do.

Ever since the night that Fernando had come back smelling of another woman's cheap perfume and since that night it had happened twice more; each time he did that it broke her heart even more.

Cassidy leant against the doorway as she watched the twins, she knew that she needed to do something to show that she wasn't happy with the new Fernando; he didn't seem to understand just how much he had changed since Mourinho had taken over.

Looking down at her wedding ring, Cassidy swallowed as she realised that there would only be one way for her to get through to Fernando; one that was going to hurt both of them in the process.

***

Arriving home Fernando let out a sigh of relief, the match had been a mess and he knew he'd been lucky to walk away with just a red card; but he could still face a lengthy ban for what he had done.

Fernando had gone for a couple of drinks after the match with some of his team-mates, he wanted to take his mind off what had happened and he doubted that Cassidy would mind.

Fernando chuckled as he remembered talking with some of the women that had thrown themselves at him, he had never done anything with them but it was nice to know that he was able to handle them.

Fernando paused realising how dark and quiet his home was, he frowned as he wondered where the twins where; they usually came racing to greet him when he returned home from a match followed by their mother.

"Cass?" Fernando called curiously moving to check in the lounge, he turned on the light wondering where everyone was; he didn't remember his wife saying anything to him about going out or visiting family.

Fernando looked around and sighed before turning off the light, he headed for the family room knowing that there had to be someone home.

Flicking the light on, Fernando sighed in relief at the sight of his wife sat on the couch as she stroked Llanta's head; he smiled completely unaware of the tension that filled the room.

"There you are amor... I have had just a bad day," Fernando said stepping further into the room and removed his jacket, it was only then that he noticed that there was something off with Cassidy.

Cassidy was wearing a blue slouchy jumper with lace inserts and low rise skinny ankle grazer jeans paired with black trainers; she took a deep breath knowing that things were only going to get worse for him.

"Cassidy what is going on?" Fernando asked as his brown eyes caught sight of the black duffle bag with studs that sat at her feet; he felt panic grip him as he looked at his wife wondering what was going on.

Cassidy took a deep breath as she realised that she needed to do this now, she carefully looked at her husband hoping that this would snap him out of this.

"I'm going away for a while," the brunette said as she watched Fernando, she knew that she needed to be strong and she needed to do this; not just for them and the twins but for their unborn baby.

Fernando stared at her as he tried to wrap his head around what she had said, he didn't know why she was dropping this on him now not when he needed her.

"I can't do this anymore Nando, I can't pretend that everything is okay," Cassidy said knowing that she had to explain why she was doing this, she had to make it clear that how he had been behaving was the reason that she was about to walk out on him.

Fernando choked looking at his wife, he didn't believe what he was hearing and it frightened him what she was doing; they had only been married three months.

"You aren't the man that I married anymore, you haven't been since Mourinho took over. I can smell you from here Fernando, I can smell some cheap bimbos stink all over you," Cassidy said wrinkling her nose in disgust, she knew she was taking a risk but she needed to do this; she needed to show how hurt she had been the past few months.

Fernando swallowed at the harshness of his wife's words and he shifted uncomfortably at the stab about the perfume, he felt horrible now seeing what he had driven her to.

"I can change," Fernando said stepping he stepped forward hoping that he could stop what was coming, he watched as Cassidy got to her feet as she shook her head at his words.

"I hope so," Cassidy said removing her yellow gold diamond set wedding ring and placed it onto the coffee table, she took a deep breath as she prepared to leave; she had packed her bag and had organised somewhere for her to stay for a while.

Fernando felt the breath in his lungs leave him, his eyes locked on her now bare finger as he realised what was happening; she was leaving him.

"I can't be your wife because you are not my Fernando anymore," Cassidy said as her voice broke, she blinked back tears knowing that if she cried now then she would crumble and stay with him.

Fernando shook his head as he moved forward, his heart hammering in his chest as he tried to think of ways to stop her from going.

Fernando hadn't thought that things were this bad and he knew that he'd been distant recently but Mourinho expected so much from him; he had wanted to make everyone happy.

"Don't go," Fernando pleaded reaching for her, but she slapped his hands away as she moved to collect her bag so that she could leave; she had no intentions of telling him where she was going, but she knew that it would only make this more clear for him.

Fernando swallowed trying to think of something, anything that would make her stay; he wanted his wife and he knew that he had been the biggest idiot in the world for what he had done.

Heading towards the front door, Cassidy hoped that Fernando would be okay; she didn't want to make things worse but better and she hoped this would do it.

"The twins are staying with my sister, you are welcome to visit them whenever," Cassidy said over her shoulder looking back at Fernando, his expression breaking her heart even more before she walked out on him.