Part Two - Chapter Twelve: Pomo and Llanta

Fernando grinned as he cuddled Pomo and Llanta as he sat in the lounge with them, he had never thought that he would see the day that he would have either of them back; the blonde smiled as she watched him knowing that he was so happy.

Cassidy smiled as she watched him for a moment before she headed back to the family room, she settled back next to the twins; she was pleased that she had done something nice for him.

"The twins okay?" Fernando asked walking into the room, Pomo and Llanta was quickly on his heel as he moved to sit down next to Cassidy; his brown eyes checking on the two four month olds, he couldn't believe how big they were getting.

Leia smiled as she held up her hands as she spotted her father, she was clearly a daddy's girl and Fernando was more than pleased; he moved to pick her up while Cassidy collected Noah.

"They're getting so big," Cassidy mused as she settled Noah on her lap, the little boy pouted making Fernando chuckle and nod his head; he watched his son for a moment before he turned his attention to the two dogs that sat loyally at his feet.

Leia clapped her hands as she looked down at the two dogs, she cooed making Fernando chuckle before he carefully moved onto the floor with her; he sat her carefully on his lap while Pomo sniffed at her.

"Pomo, Llanta... this is Leia," Fernando said as he settled his daughter for a moment before he carefully took Noah and sat him next to his sister; he grinned as the two dogs wagged their tails, he loved his small family despite everything that had happened.

"And this is Noah," the footballer said as he held them close, the two dogs hadn't been around to see Leo and had barely saw Nora before Olalla had forced him to get rid of the two of them.

***

Pomo growled as Fernando opened the door and smiled at Olalla, the brown and white English bulldog stared at the woman while she looked surprised to see him again; she had thought she'd seen the last of the two dogs when she had forced Fernando to get rid of them.

"Olalla," Fernando said as he allowed her inside, he grinned as he looked at Nora and Leo knowing that he would get to spend time with them now; he loved having them to come and stay and he quickly moved to hug them.

Fernando held them close knowing that he didn't get to see them often, he pulled back as he ignored the frown that was paint onto Olalla's face; he knew she was going to be happy that he had the two dogs back.

"How are you?" Fernando asked as they moved into the lounge after he had closed the front door, his fiancée was upstairs settling the twins down for bed; the footballer was a little surprised that his ex-wife had brought the children over this late.

Olalla was meant to drop Nora and Leo off at six and it was now nearly eight o'clock, she was late and Fernando knew she'd have some explanation about why she was; he had always dropped the children off on time no matter what was going on.

"I'm fine," Olalla said stiffly as she looked around the home that Fernando shared with his fiancée, she had moved on with her life and had gotten what she had wanted but still she wasn't truly happy.

Fernando nodded his head as he stared at her, he could tell that something was bothering her and he had a feeling that it was more than just a little disagreement with her boyfriend.

Cassidy came downstairs and paused as she spotted Olalla, she flashed Fernando a smile before she quickly moved out of their way; she didn't want to make things awkward for Olalla especially when it came to coming into the home that she shared with Fernando.

"I better be heading home," Olalla said, she wasn't sure what she wanted anymore but things with George were far from what she had ever imagined and she was starting to wish that she'd never have fallen for him.

The two of them wanted such different things and while Olalla wanted to settle down again and think about their future while George refused, he was happy with how things were going between them and he didn't want to get married.

Fernando nodded his head, he smiled as he looked at Nora and Leo; the two children looked exhausted and he couldn't understand why she had waited until now to bring them to him.

***

Fernando looked at Cassidy as he explained his worries, he didn't know what it was but he couldn't help but worry that there was something going on; he didn't want anything affecting his relationship with his eldest two children.

"You think she's trying to take them from you?" Cassidy asked as she settled on their bed, she smiled as she watched the two dogs settle into their basket that was in the corner of the room. Fernando nodded his head, he didn't have any other explanations on why she was keeping him away from Nora and Leo.

"I don't know what it is... I thought that after everything we were finally at a place where we didn't have to do stuff like this," Fernando said annoyed as he moved to sit down, he looked at Cassidy who sighed and nodded her head; she had also hoped that with George in the picture that everything would be alright but clearly it wasn't.

The couple were silent as they prepared for bed, they both had some much on their minds that it wasn't until they were lying in bed next to each other that they realised that something was off between them.

Fernando wrapped his arms around his fiancée and sighed, he didn't want anything to come between them and he knew he'd over reacted earlier that day when she had brought Pomo and Llanta to him.

"I'm so sorry about earlier... I don't know what came over me," Fernando admitted as he held her close, Cassidy cuddled into his side; she closed her eyes knowing that he had reacted like that for a reason.

The couple were silent for a moment before Fernando swallowed and looked down at Cassidy; he didn't know what he would ever do if something took her away from him, she had brought him back to life and given him everything that he had ever wanted.

"I love you," Fernando said as she opened her eyes and looked at him, she could see the emotions bubbling in his eyes; they had been through so much not to make it now.

Cassidy pushed herself up and kissed him, she knew that everything was still raw from his divorce even if he didn't see it himself; the brunette suppressed her worries knowing that she would talk to him later about his feelings.

"I love you too... I would do anything for you Fernando," Cassidy said ignoring the vulnerable feeling that settled in her stomach, she had never felt so exposed and Fernando seemed to sense that; he kissed her knowing that they had a lot to work on if they wanted their relationship to work.

"I know... and I would do anything for you Cass," Fernando said pulling back slightly, he wasn't interested in Olalla anymore and he wasn't about to allow what had happened with her to haunt him.