Part One - Chapter Eleven: Moving Home

“Thanks for helping me do this,” Cassidy said smiling softly at Fernando as she opened the door to him; she was moving out of her home that she had shared with her now ex-boyfriend.

Fernando nodded his head as he looked at Cassidy, it had been a week since her relationship with Stephan had ended and he had been doing a lot of thinking about Cassidy; he hoped that he had made the right decision with what he was about to do.

“It’s not a problem,” Fernando said looking at the boxes that had already been packed, he licked his lips as he stepped into the apartment; he looked around wondering how she felt about being forced from her home of two years because of what had happened.

“So where will you be living now?” Fernando asked looking at Cassidy, she looked at him as they stood in her apartment; she tilted her head as she watched him curiously wondering what he was thinking, she knew that he was married to Olalla so she didn't know where he was going with this.

“I’m moving back in with my parents since I can’t afford a place of my own yet,” Cassidy admitted, she hated that Stephan would get to keep the apartment while she was forced out as if this was all her fault but she knew that it was time for her to move on.

Fernando nodded moving to sit down and signalled for Cassidy to do the same, he offered her a small smile before pulling a piece of paper out of his pocket and giving it to her; Cassidy furrowed her brow as she looked down at what she had been given, she licked her lips as she realised what it was.

“You’re giving me your Hyde Park apartment?” Cassidy asked confused about why he was giving her the apartment where they conducted their affair, she watched as guilt filled Fernando’s face making her curious.

***

Cassidy didn't know what it was but she could tell that something was bothering Fernando and he wasn’t opening up to her; she tilted her head as she settled her things into the apartment.

“Is everything okay?” Cassidy asked stopping what she was doing and looked at Fernando, she didn't know what it was but she was starting to worry for what she had with the footballer; in the ten weeks that they had been together he had never been like this before.

Fernando sighed moving to sit down as he looked at the brunette, he knew that he had to do this; she deserved better and he hoped that she would understand.

“I’ve been doing a little thinking… you know that I’m going on holiday with Olalla and the children, while I am gone that we should take a break,” Fernando said making Cassidy stare at him; she had known that he was going away but she hadn't thought he would say this.

The two were quiet for a moment before Cassidy nod her head, she hated that she didn't have any proof that Olalla was cheating on Fernando; she wanted to help him like he had helped her.

“Okay,” Cassidy said watching him, he needed to focus on his children and do what was best for them; the brunette shifted uncomfortably looking at Fernando, she had a feeling that when he came back that what they had wasn’t going to continue.

“I’m sorry about this Cass… you will always be my friend but I have to think of my marriage, I’m not saying this is over but I want to focus on my family for a while,” Fernando said knowing that this was hard for the both of them and not just him.

Cassidy watched him wondering what had brought this on, the last week had been difficult for them and Cassidy wondered if her new single status had upset Fernando; she knew that now that she was unattached that he felt guilty that he couldn't offer her more.

“It’s okay Fernando,” Cassidy said making him flinch, he hated it when she said his first name like that, he felt even worse knowing that she was alone now; she had broken up with her boyfriend and now they were taking a break, all in the matter of a week.

Cassidy watched him as she ran a hand through her hair, she would stand by him when he needed her the most; she knew that when Olalla’s secret was revealed that he was going to need someone.

“I know that you have to think about your family… I knew that when we started this,” Cassidy said offering Fernando a reassuring smile, she tilted her head knowing that he was upset and she hoped that her words would reassure him.

Fernando swallowed thickly looking at Cassidy, he didn't want to let her go but he hoped that he wouldn’t when he returned from his holidays; she was important to him and it scared him how attached he was getting to her.

“I really wish that I could offer you more,” Fernando said shaking his head, he looked down at the ring on his finger; he knew that she deserved so much more and he knew that he could never give her that.

***

Olalla smiled looking at her husband as he returned home, she pushed herself to her heeled feet and hurried towards him; she wrapped her arms around Fernando’s neck and kissed him.

“I missed you,” Olalla said cuddled into his arms making Fernando feel guiltier for spending time with Cassidy, he swallowed wrapping his arms around Olalla and held her close.

Fernando hoped that their holiday would allow him to sort through his thoughts and feelings before he made any kind of decision about who he wanted.

The footballer felt horrible that he was messing with people’s lives, he had just left Cassidy in the lurch so that he could spend the next two months on holiday with his family; he had plans to see his parents in Madrid before training started back up at the end of July.

“Are you excited to go on holiday?” Fernando asked looking at his wife, she grinned at him and nodded her head before she started to babble about what she had bought for their vacation.

An unsettled feeling that Olalla was hiding something from him about their holiday filled Fernando’s stomach as he listened to her speak.

“Ibiza will be fun,” Olalla said making Fernando nod his head glancing over at their children, he was doing this for them and he hoped that he wouldn’t be left looking after them all the time alone while she had fun.

“Our flight is tomorrow at 6am,” Olalla said looking at Fernando, she smiled at him as she looked at him; she didn't even seem to notice that he didn't look excited about their holiday together.

Fernando sighed in relief as his wife walked away, he felt sick to his stomach about what he was doing and he wanted nothing more than to go back to Cassidy’s apartment and spend time with her; he didn't want to go anywhere with Olalla but he needed to focus on his marriage.

“Papa,” Nora squealed hurrying forward making Fernando’s heartache as his reason for doing all of this hugged him, he knew that divorcing Olalla for Cassidy wasn’t an option right now and it hurt that he was going to have to lose one of them sooner or later.

Hugging Nora to his body, Fernando closed his eyes as he hoped that he would be able to make the right decision when the time came; he was playing with fire and sooner or later someone was going to get hurt.