Trust a Vampire? You've gotta be kidding me. Ch. 23

Start from the beginning

"Nothing, Leila. She's only doing this because of me. Speak what's on your mind," he ordered.

"You are with her?" she burst out suddenly. I winced at her words. "She's human!" Was there something wrong with being with me? I was kind of insulted.

I spoke over Jay. "Yes, I'm with him!" I snarled. "No, I'm not human, you freakin vampire!" Kiziah asked me if she could kill her. Not yet. I want to know if there are any others here. "Now why are you here?" I growled.

"She's a hybrid. Half-human, half-vampire," Jay answered above me. My eyes widened. I'd never heard of a hybrid before.

"Yes, that is what I was trying to say before Pureblood Jay graced us." I snorted at her words. She talked as if he was a king or something. "I come here like any other child comes. My parents insisted, rather forced, me to go."

"She's no threat. You don't need to kill her," Jay assured me. I frowned. "But I do if she hurt you." I was tempted to say yes, but shook my head no. I was really getting soft and that was bugging me.

"Do you drink blood?" I asked her directly.

She hesitated before answering. "Yes...but I never take from anyone at school. My father, he's a vampire. He provides me the blood. I just want to be like a human honestly. I'm sorry."

"You don't need to kill her," Jay repeated. I tried thinking of a reason why I should, but came up blank. When did I ever need a reason to kill? Way too soft...

I gave in with a sigh. "Fine," I hissed at her. She winced at my tone. "Are there any more of you here?"

She shook her head. "We are very rare. Most women die during the...err...sex." Jorgie blushed.

"Okay. You can go now." She didn't move. I rolled my eyes and nudged Jay in the stomach.

"You're dismissed," he said. She left immediately. Kiziah looked at me sadly. She asked me when will we go hunting and actually kill. I rubbed her head. Sorry girl. We will go this weekend. She didn't know what a weekend was. It brought a small smile out of me. I smiled too much now.

I turned to Jay. "Now what is with you and vampires?" I asked, punching him lightly in the stomach.

"What can I say? I have a charm that no one can resist. Not even you, shorty." He grinned down on me.

I rolled my eyes. "Don't make me have to beat that ego down. Come on, let's go. I don't want to spend the few minutes I have with you in the girls' locker room. You are such a pedophile for just coming in here."

I started walking out, but he grabbed my hand. "Grab Kiziah. We'll take the Jay Express." I tried putting a hand on Kiziah, but she shied away. Confused, I asked her what was wrong. She didn't like dematerializing. She'd rather walk. We don't have time for that! Quit being such a baby. I argued.

She started running around the room while I tried to catch her. For being so large, my dog was still pretty fast. It took a good two minutes to chase her down. Jay quickly dematerialized as soon as I had a hold on her.

I managed to hold the nausea down, but Kiziah didn't. She threw up in the grass around us. "I'm not cleaning that up," I joked. Jay laughed, but Kiziah growled at me. "Go for a run, girl. I'll call you when it's time to come back." She instantly brightened and darted off out of sight amongst the trees that surrounded us.

I turned around to Jay, and he immediately grabbed me and forced a needful kiss on my lips. I wrapped my arms around him and pressed my body to his. After a minute or two, he broke it off. "I have been waiting all day to do that," he heaved before planting another less forceful kiss on me. I savored his taste as I granted him opening to my mouth and his tongue snaked it.