Trust a Vampire? You've gotta be kidding me. Prologue

I got inspiration for writing a new story after reading Dinner with a Vampire and The Secret Life - Sex and Blood anyone?.

This is my first time for a vamp story, so bear with me!

Rate and comment please! I'm open to suggestions!

=========================================

Cold...so cold...

My frail, young body twitched as I coughed up more blood into the snow. I huddled more as life leeched out of me slowly.

I'd collapsed after running from my home...after my sunshine world had been torn apart. Life was no longer safe to me. The snow lay on top of me, trying to enfold me like a blanket. Except it shouldn't or I would die. Like mommy and daddy.

But there was a problem. I couldn't remember what had happened. It was a deep, unsettling feeling that all was not right and it never would be. Just a feeling...not memory. What had shattered my mind? My eyes were still wide from shock. I knew my parents were dead, but I didn't know why or how. Why couldn't I remember anything?

Who were my parents? Where was my home? Who am I?

So cold...getting colder...

Through my curtain of brown hair, I watched the snow dance around and above my small body. Like it was celebrating and preparing to absorb me completely. Tears leaked out of my eyes blue eyes as I grew colder and colder. They trailed down my face and into the snow. The made my face even colder.

Getting colder...why is it so cold?

Blood leaked out of a wound on my neck. I didn't even have the strength to look at it. My breaths grew more shallow as my body grew weaker. The cold left me numb. I was too numb and weak to keep running. Running from my home and for my life. Running from what? Why did I run for my life? The feeling urged me to get up and run, but my legs and arms refused to move. I was going to die here.

Why is it so cold? Mommy and daddy never let it get this cold...

I remembered warmth along with mommy and daddy. A memory of feeling, not them. I couldn't even say what they looked like or their names. But I did have parents. Who are they? Who am I? Everything about my life had...disappeared.

Mommy and daddy never let it get this cold...I wish they were still here...

I was too young. I needed an adult's guidance. My daddy always knew what to do. Another feeling. Why did he have to die?

I didn't know what to do. Wait...yes, I did. I had to run. Run away from what could surely tell me the truth, but would also take my life. I had to run before whatever was after me could get me. I didn't want to die.

I wish they were still here...Everything would be alright.

But everything wasn't alright. I had to get up, but I couldn't. My legs were frozen. I was getting even colder as the snow continued its dance to feast upon my energy.

Suddenly, I heard a noise that caused my heart to stop.

It was the crack of a twig followed by a quiet hiss.

I would have thought it was an animal, but while I had been running all I heard was me running. No birds, squirrels, nothing. It was like they had all fled from something terrible.

My heart went into overtime.

Everything would be alright...No, everything was wrong.

A man stepped into view. With his shiny blond hair, pressed clothes, and sweet smile, I would have though he was a nice big man. It was the blood that stained his clothes that frightened me so bad that I quivered in the snow.

"You are a fast, little girl. I almost lost your scent after you ran through the brook. I really hope you are worth the effort." His smile got wider and his lips peeled back. I caught a glimpse of something that made my blood run cold.

This man had fangs.

No, everything was wrong. Wrong, wrong, WRONG.

I didn't have the energy to even scream with terror. I just stared with fright in my eyes. This was what I had been running from. I could tell by the way my heart beat like a hummingbird's wings.

He eyed my throat and his eyes turned a deep red.

"Vampire," I mouthed.

He didn't waste any time. Quicker than I could see, he lunged for my throat. For where I was already bleeding. I squeezed my eyes shut, and waited for him to make his mark. But seconds passed as i waited for him to kill me. Was I already dead? Death was really cold then...

Suddenly, I heard a noise that I was sure I had never heard before. It made me think of a piece of paper being pushed until it gave way to whatever was doing the pushing. Except this sounded a lot harder, like a thousand pieces of paper being pushed until they all gave way at once.

Another sound was heard as I felt a vibration run through the snow. It was a soft thud, cushioned by the snow.

I opened my eyes and I saw a different man. He had his back to me, but I could tell because he had different clothes on. But it was still stained with blood and my heart was still beating too fast. I saw the other man. He was lying on the ground, not moving. His head was twisted away from me, so I couldn't see him face.

As he turned around, my heart ceased. I was sure he was going to kill me. He was much younger than the other man, but his eyes didn't churn a blood red. I waited for him to attack me, but he didn't. I looked at his hands. One of them was completely covered in blood, but the other was clean as a whistle.

Then he did something that changed me forever.

He knelt on the ground, still looking at me. He gave me a small smile, held out an open hand, and said, "Let's go Leila."

Wrong, wrong, WRONG....wrong and right.

I took his hand.

He gave me a new life.