Trust a Vampire? You've gotta be kidding me. Ch. 5

Now sad chapter!

No one will laugh if you break down guys....Okay, I will. :)

Comments! <3

======================================

Trace's POV

Wow, she was struck stupid. Her mouth was slightly ajar in the cutest possible way. Even with her mouth full of food. I reached over and closed it for her. A tingle shot through my arm all the way to my beating heart. Yes, vampire hearts beat to pump blood like any other human. If not we would be dead riiiiight? A human would be surprised exactly how much DNA we actually share.

Leila's eyes were still bugged out with absolute shock. She hadn't had any reaction to my touch. This was the first time in years that she had been speechless. Usually Leila would always have some kind of witty comeback to throw at me. She was that sassy type of girl. The type I loved.

The one I was made for.

I chuckled at her surprise. I started waving my hand in front of her beautifully sculptured face. She really was a dark beauty. "Woohoo, Leila. You there?" Her mouth fell open again. I sighed with mock frustration. I then realized that Leila wasn't breathing.

Then Leila did something I never would have imagined. My tough, demonic friend fainted. Leila could train from dawn to midnight without a break if she put her mind to it. She could climb Mount Everest if she wanted to. If she really desired it, Leila could accomplish whatever she wanted. She was the strongest girl I knew. Leila was determination and strength.

But at the sound that she was going to go outside...

...she lost consciousness.

Before her head could collided with the wooden ground, my vampire reflexes automatically caught her in my arms. I grinned, having a new reason to tease her, but worried at the same time. What had made her faint? Was it shock, or surprise? Probably both. Must have been really strong emotions to have knocked her out.

I sat down and laid her body across my lap. I cradled her head in the crook of my arm. Jesus, this felt so...right, but I couldn't. I shouldn't. Leila didn't know that she was my soulmate. Leila and I were destined for each other. I aged too slowly for her to realize that I had actually stopped aging. Every cell of my body ached to tell her that we were meant to be together. To be a happy couple for the rest of our eternal lives.

I had told her soulmates immediately stop aging, so she wouldn't suspect we were soulmates. But soulmates first have to mature and then they can face eternity together. Eventually I would have to come clean, but I had a few more years until then. Touching your soulmate while either or both of you are premature won't do anything, but you will have an instinctual tugging towards the soulmate. You will be unable to stay away.

I brushed a lock of her midnight black hair away from her peaceful face. It was still alight with pure happiness. I saw her mother's face when I looked at her. She inherited her raven black hair. It was a look I rarely saw on Mrs.-- Ms. Grumpy's face. A dark look passed over my eyes. Why was it so hard for me to bring her happiness?

I thought it was a miracle that Leila had accepted my being so easily. I thought it would have taken painful months to ensure her that I would never hurt her. The pain I felt when she rejected me at first was almost unbearable. That was before I did the absolute stupidest and dangerous thing possible to her to keep her from dying of pneumonia. God, I could have easily awoken her and I hardly knew what I was doing.

Leila did not realize how much it had hurt when she slapped me before saying that she had no feelings. I couldn't read her thoughts. I wasn't yet skilled enough to sense her feelings. She was too complex to be able to determine. I had no idea how she truly felt and I killed me inside. I was all too aware of my feelings for her.