Trust a Vampire? You've gotta be kidding me. Ch. 23

Chapter 23: I Hate Vampires and Humans?

I grabbed Kiziah just in time before her jaws snapped shut on the vampire's neck. The vampire, Jorgie, moved with surprising slowness. She didn't even get her arms up in time. Almost as if she was human... But I didn't believe it for a second. Even if I mistook her for a vampire, Kiziah never would.

"Holy crap!" Jordan yelled, bringing every head in the room towards us. The bell rang, but no one moved. "Control your dog!" Did he not see me struggling to hold her down? I thought it was pretty obvious I was trying to control her!

Sit! I yelled at Kiziah. She stilled quickly, but stood on her haunches, glaring at Jorgie who was hiding behind Jordan.

"I'm sorry," I apologized with a tight smile. "I don't know what got into her. She won't attack you, now. Don't worry. Anyways, I'm Tera," I said, trying to keep up the student pretense. I gave her a small wave, which she timidly returned. To everyone else in the room, I yelled, "Mind your own business!" They quickly minded their own business.

Jorgie smiled and stepped out behind Jordan. "Hi. I'm Jorgie as you know. I like you," she said surprisingly honestly.

The bell rang for lunch and students started rushing out. I grabbed Jorgie's arm before she could go, though. "Scuse me, but can you help me move something. I put it in the girls' locker room and it's kind of heavy." She hesitated, but nodded with trustful eyes the next moment.

"I'll meet you there, guys!" Jorgie said as the boys left. We walked to the room, Jorgie on one side of me and Kiziah on the other. My dog was still completely alert and aware of every step and movement the vampire made. She would pounce if the vampire made any hostile move.

"I'm really sorry that Kiziah attacked you." And didn't kill you, parasite. "She's safe now, though." Until I set her loose on you. I laughed awkwardly. "Not the best way to start off a friendship right?" This friendship was about to end.

"It's okay. Really. And I like you, so don't worry." She gave me a tentative smile. We walked into the locker room and thankfully, no lingered in it. So it was just us.

I led her to my bag and reached down as if I was getting something out. The next second, I spun around and slashed at her neck with Mortis. Or where her neck had been. Jorgie was now on the other side of the room looking at me with wide eyes.

"How'd you know? Why are you here, slayer?" she breathed incredulously. I gripped Angelus and stood in fighting position with Kiziah snarling beside me.

I nodded towards Kiziah. "She has a real nose for you vermin. And I'm not a damn slayer. I just don't like y'all. And I was forced by a-" Err, well, I couldn't really say an ex-vampire cause that completely destroys the point of killing her, "A friend. Why are you at a human school?" I demanded.

"Because--" She never got to finish her answer because she suddenly bowed, kneeling on the floor. Jay had stormed in. "Pureblood Jay," she greeted.

Jay looked at her warily before running over to me and giving me a bear hug that was squeezing the life out of me. I was forced to put my hands at my side or I'd stab him.

I fought out of his grip. His face filled with pain, and I felt guilty. I gave him a quick peck on the lips to make up for it, and then turned to Jorgie. He slid behind me and let his chin rest on my head in his usual position. "What's wrong, Leila? I felt your alarm, and I rushed here." Jay asked me, while I stared at Jorgie on the floor. Why was she on the floor?

"Look at me, vampire," I snarled. She didn't move an inch. "Jay, tell her to look at me." He did, and when he said it she looked in my eye, but didn't say a word. I could see surprise in her eyes, though. "What is wrong with her?" I asked him.