Trust a Vampire? You've gotta be kidding me. Ch. 9

Oh wow, what did Jay do?!?

And who is this other?

And why am I asking myself these questions?!

Find out next time on...wait, no find out now! :)

=================================================

Ch. 9 Holes

Jay POV

Dear God, did I really just hit her. Oh, here's the rushing guilt. But why isn't she moving? Leila lied still on the ground. I couldn't even hear her heart beating or her breathing. God, what did I just do? She couldn't be dead. There was just no fucking way she would ever let me kill her whether or not she was in her right mind.

I rushed over to her side, quickly forgetting that she could be more dangerous than Hitler. I almost tripped over the gag of my jacket that had fallen out of her mouth when I smacked her. I was never going to wear that thing again. It would have her slobber all over it and I really didn't want to be reminded of hitting her. Gently, I shook her on the ground. "Leila?" I whispered, frightened out of my wits that my small slap had killed her. I have no idea how the hell it could have, but she still wasn't breathing.

Her eyes were closed and her face was chalky white. What if she was dying of cold? Well, she was always cold, but could the snow get to her? Was she more vulnerable now? I grabbed my tattered jacket that Leila had shredded and put it over her.

I thought of trying to slap her awake, but look at what one hit did. I didn't want to chance round two. Anxiously, I shook her a bit harder, cursing the devil himself for being such an asshole. He broke the rules this time. Sure, he made the rules, but that doesn't mean he could put a spin to it.

My heart stopped when I heard Leila's heart begin beating again and she took in oxygen. Each beat and breath were short at first, but quickly became stronger, sinking into her usual rate. I let out a breath of huge relief I hadn't even realized I had been holding. I became concerned again when her eyes didn't open. At least I knew I didn't kill her and she was alive. I wonder..

My train of thought stopped as her eyes opened slowly. My breath stopped as I looked into her frightening eyes. A color on this earth could not describe them. They were something altogether new, awing. I was a pureblood vampire and her eyes inspired every instinct to tell me to flee for my life with my tail between my legs. I wish I had a tail. They would be fun to play with. Lucky ass werewolves...

Back to the matter at hand. I bit my lip in fear but held my ground, even though my animal and vampire instincts screamed at me to run. My mind overpowered them and forced me to stay for Leila's sake. Her eyes were like a murky silver specked with evil flecks of corrupting red. The power they held drew me in a little.

Leila's head tilted to the side in confusion and her mouth and eyebrows tilted downwards. Well, she wasn't lunging for my throat so I guessed she was all better. Except from her eyes. I let go of her body, realizing my hands were still on her.

When she tried to raise her hand, she looked down. Surprised fell on her expression which was quickly followed by more anger. This was a small anger mixed with confusion, not the terrible wrath that was set out to smash my pretty face in earlier. I noticed Leila's silver and red eyes were fading back to her comforting midnight black, much to my relief. I wouldn't know how she would react to her changing eyes. She might have assumed she was a vampire, but I had never met a vampire whose eyes mixed that way. And to become a vampire would be a living hell for her. Well, actually her life was already her hell so what was beyond that?

"Jay.." she spoke slowly and steadily from the ground. I could still hear the barely-concealed anger behind my name. "Did you tie and gag me?"

What.