ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ ᑎIᑎETEEᑎ

ᒪOGᗩᑎ ᗷISᕼOᑭ

'Thank you again, Ratchet,' Pan smiled, holding the note up for him to read

Although Pan couldn't see it, Ratchet smiled slightly, "Stay safe," was his parting words before he took off back to base.

Pan grinned as she watched him leave before glancing down at her phone with an unreadable expression. The text from before on her phone's lit up the screen.

The Hammer girl sighed to herself before walking up the short pathway to the Hammer household. She quietly slipped into the house, "Mom?" Her phone called through the house.

"We're in the kitchen, Pan," Thalia called back.

Pan hestitanted, taking her shoes off at the front door. She walked down the hallway to the doorway to the kitchen and stepped into the dim light of the kitchen.

Thalia and another person sat the kitchen table.

Pan bit her lip as her eyes landed on the male sitting in front of her mother.

The young male stood up, his eyes tired as he smiled at her, "Hey, Pan."

'Logan.'

🛠️

Pan sat on one side of the table. Her mother at the head of it and her cousin opposite Thalia.

They hadn't said anything to each other, not since Thalia had asked the two cousins to sit back down after they had greeted each other.

The fourteen-year-old boy was playing this his fingers as he averted his gaze from Thalia who was watching her nephew with sorrow in her eyes.

'Are you two going to tell me what's going on?' Pan asked, sliding the note into the middle of the table so both parties could read it. A flash of guilt made its way onto Thalia's face before just as swiftly disappearing.

Thalia sighed, "Did you want to tell her, Logan?"

Logan Bishop glanced up, the shadows under his eyes looking more prominent as the kitchen light lit his tired face, "Alright," he nodded, looking as if he was twenty and not fourteen.