ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ TᗯO

Jᴀᴄᴋ Dᴀʀʙʏ

Watching the Hammer girl be loaded into an ambulance then traveling with her and his mother who was checking the girl over was a strange experience for Jack Darby

Jack would often glance at the Hammer girl curiously. Why did she let this happen to her? Why didn't she speak up? Why would she let the bullying escalate this far? Who was the real Panacea Hammer?

"Jack," June Darby's voice cut through her son's thoughts and his head jerked up to look at his mother, "Do you know who did this to her?"

Jack shook his head, the smallest tinges of guilt flashing across his face, "I didn't see who exactly who did it, but I did see a group of boys at our school come out of the alleyway laughing."

June's face darkened for a second before she sighed, "Bullies," She muttered as she went back to looking the unconscious girl over. The woman's frown deepened with every bruise she found.

"I'm sorry, Mom," Jack's head was bowed down towards the floor of the ambulance in guilt, "I should've done something sooner."

June smiled sadly as she placed a hand on her son's shoulder, "Be proud that you did something for her. If she'd been left there longer than when you called me, she could've died."

Jack gave a weak smile before his eyes landed on Panacea's still form, a frown settling back on his lips.

🛠️

Pᴀɴᴀᴄᴇᴀ Hᴀᴍᴍᴇʀ

Pan woke slowly

Pan woke slowly.

Her eyes blinked slowly as they adjusted to the lights above her.

Wait, lights?

Pan jerked up and winced immediately, her hand flying to the back of her head.

"You have a concussion," a male voice said making Pan jerk her head to a boy who sat in a chair by the hospital room window.