ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ SI᙭

Tʜᴇ ϙᴜᴀʀᴛᴇᴛ

Pan sat down at a table at lunchtime

Pan sat down at a table at lunchtime. She smiled softly when Raf joined her, the younger boy looking much happier than he was earlier as he smiled back to her.

"Heya Pan," Miko grinned as she plonked on the seat opposite the silent girl.

Pan rolled her eyes before holding up a post-it note, 'Hello spunky-girl.'

"Thanks for the compliment," Miko beamed widely, Pan rolled her eyes at the Japanese exchange student making Raf giggle at them.

"What did Pan do now," Jack teased as he slid onto the seat next to the crazy girl, (better known as Miko).

Pan threw the previous post-it note, that she had then scrunched up, at him. Jack laughed as he batted the paper ball away with his hand, "That all you got, Hammer?" Jack teased.

Pan raised an eyebrow at him challengingly. Miko snorted, "She'll kick your ass."

Raf laughed as Jack wrinkled his nose, "Right," He admitted sheepishly, running a hand back through his hair.

Miko grinned triumphantly as Pan let out a small laugh, covering her mouth when she realized what she had done. Jack shook his head as Raf blinked at Pan in bewilderment, still not used to hearing anything from the Hammer girl.

Pan poked her tongue out at Miko as the girl kept grinning, "It's way too fun," Miko teased the older girl who then threw her apple at the exchange student.

"Missed," Miko smirked as she dodged it, only to come face to face with Pan's sandwiches, "Hey!"

Pan snorted as she held up a post-it note, 'Got you.'

Raf was laughing with tears leaking from his brown eyes and Jack shook in silent laughter.

Miko pouted as she wiped the food off of her face, "Meanie."

'You asked for it,' Pan shrugged, holding the note up for them to read, a grin present on her face now.

They laughed as the bell rang for the fifth period.

🛠️

Pan waved her goodbye to her friends, each going their separate ways.

Miko, to her host parent's house on the outskirts of Jasper.

Raf, to head to the empty canal before going to his home.

Jack, to his job then home.

And Pan, to her mother's car then home to something she wasn't expecting.

🛠️

Pan smiled to her mother as she slid into the passenger's seat of her mother's car, placing her black bag at her orange and white sneakers.