Mistake

You're gonna love me for this...

-S

Mistake

I knew it was a mistake. But the little one told me otherwise. It kept churning when I said I was gonna call him and tell him no. So I had to go. It wasn't hard to find a dress. I found a black one with the half top covered in sequins. And then I just wore black sandals. I've accustomed to the color black. I find it beautiful.

"Lesley!" Gabby knocks on the door, making me mess up the last curl on my hair. I groan and do it again. "You know how my hair is! Stop rushing me!" She grumbles but leaves anyways. She asked me to do her hair. Now she probably wants me to help her zip up her dress. Her's is sorta like Elsa from 'Frozen'. The color, more specifically. But in the same form as mine. I finish, and leave my bathroom. I find her, as I predicted, trying zipping up her dress. I walk over to her, barefoot, and zip it up. She thanks me and puts on her jewerly. She's already done her makeup. She's tried to convince me but I said no. I don't have bags or anything to cover up, I'm fine. I actually like my makeup free look. It's not like I ever wear make up. I put on the necklace and silver earrings, making a quick waterfall braid in my hair, on both sides, holding it together with a bow.

"Jennifeeer!" Calls Bobi, in Spanish from downstairs. She has started calling me by my middle name. I don't know why, though. I grab my clutch and put my phone in it. "Let's go, Gubbs." We walk out and I let gabby walk down first. I run back to my room, and almost hyperventilate. I'm starting to get that stupid feeling again. The one where I know something bad will happen, but at the same time I wanna go. I gather myself up and go back downstairs. Gabby is taking pictures, by her mom and Bobi. Austin is staring at the ground, hands in his pockets moving back and forth. When he finally looks up is when I almost fall off the stairs feeling dizzy for a millisecond. He rushes up to me, holding me up. Gabby looks at me, concerned but I just shake my head. I really need to go see a doctor.

"Woah." He helps me down, and smiles at me. He's gotten taller. I smile at him, a forced smile. I still have a bad feeling about this. "Picture! Párense aquí para tomarles una foto. Ay que hermosura my hija- sobrina." I caught the part where she called me hija instead of sobrina. But I ignored it. She's like my second mom, so might as well. We take a couple pictures, Bobi almost making me cry when she mentions my mom and dad. We leave, and I almost faint at the limo and the number of people outside of it. The girls from basketball. About seven of them, cheer and run to us screaming. Bobi, Iris, and Michelle run up to us girls and tell us to get in a group for the picture. In the end we hand then out phones to take the pictures for us as well. Then, like prom, we take pictures with the guys. They insist on getting us alone, me, Gubbs, Alex and Austin. So they're goes about 100 photos. We leave as soon as possible, getting off the limo as that same feeling settles at the pit of my stomach. Austin grabs my arm and loops it with his, giving me a heart-warming smile. I forcefully smile back, and follow him as we walk into the school cafeteria, where the dance is held at.

We all grab a table and eat the few snack on the table. We laugh a lot and maybe sometimes squeal, before getting up to dance. I didn't do much of either of it, seeing as the feeling was bothering me. In the end, I ended up putting my feelings aside and enjoy myself. I dance with the girls and then the boys joined us, dancing to 'I Love It' by Icona Pop. The songs ends and they tell us to grab our dates or a random stranger and slow dance with them. 'Ever Enough' by A Rocket To The Moon plays in the background. The words almost make me cry when I see Austin staring at me, mouthing the words. He leans his forehead against mine, and sings to me as loud as he can, enough for me to hear.

He leans down to kiss me, as the chorus elevates. I kiss back, slowly and passionately, then slowly pull away, leaning my head against his shoulder. The song ends, and we head back to our seats.